It’s fitting that President Barack Obama is vacationing this week with his private-jet-setter cronies in the wealthy Democrats’ enclave of Martha’s Vineyard, Mass. With the hypocrisy that defines liberalism letting its freak flags fly from San Diego’s city hall to Carlos Danger’s Twitter feed, where better for President “Better Bargain for the Middle Class” to cool his heels than the sort of place where members of the middle class are welcome only if they’re waiting tables or carrying golf bags?
Obama’s absence from the Nation’s capitol has clearly not hindered his assault on the Nation’s capital. Since he hit the links, the comedy of errors has continued unabated. I can only imagine what they have in store for us over the next few days, other than creepily fawning White House press corps photos of the President missing three-footers for bogey.
Among the sewage Obama left behind:
- Another key section of Obamacare is being delayed. Does anyone else suspect they’ve given up even pretending Obamacare is anything other than the biggest scam since whatever they’re calling “global warming” this week? The latest hitch has suspended Obamacare’s caps on out-of-pocket costs until at least 2015. That means the insurance providers just joined the union thugs, a sizable number of Obama’s cronies, Congress (of course) and Congressional staffers in the “lucky” line. Guess who’s left to do virtually all of the heavy financial lifting on Obamacare? Why that would be you, Marty and Mary Middle Class. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius claims the delay doesn’t represent a “bait and switch.” Actually, Madame Secretary, “bait and switch” might be a bit mild.
- A rodeo clown lost his livelihood for making fun of Obama. During last weekend’s Missouri State Fair, a rodeo clown donned an Obama mask and ran around the ring. He’s now banned for life from the event. His colleagues have been ordered to attend “sensitivity training.” I’m one of the many people who find clowns plain old creepy. However, they’re not half as creepy as an America in which hurting the President’s feelings can terminate your career and get your friends sent to re-education camp. I’d still rather watch a rodeo clown play chicken with a bull than watch a Democrat whine about how mocking Obama the way they mocked President George W. Bush is different because of racism.
- Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) sold us out on amnesty for illegal aliens quite some time ago. Tuesday, he blamed his treachery on Obama. “[I]f nothing happens in Congress, he will be tempted to issue an executive order… he basically legalizes 11 million people by the sign of a pen.” Gee, thanks, Senator! We should give up, because Obama will cheat regardless. What a terrific Presidential campaign slogan that will make: “Rubio 2016 – Why Bother?”
- The purported terrorist threat that required the closing of American embassies around the world evaporated as quickly as it arose. I’m sure it wasn’t a ploy to distract attention from Obama’s “Benghazi, Libya, to al-Qaida supporters in Syria” arms pipeline, secret drone strikes against civilians in Yemen or any of the other scandals that define Obama’s tenure; because that would be just wrong.
- A private vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) ride for Bo, the first dog. Bo didn’t get the whole MV-22 to himself. He had to crowd in with a Secret Service detail and a bag of Presidential basketballs. Apparently, there were no basketballs available on Martha’s Vineyard. To be honest, I don’t really think Bo’s wild ride is so much a scandal as it is a perfect example of how completely out of touch with America Obama really is. You want a “better bargain for the middle class?” How about you cut back on the canine airfare to the playgrounds of the rich and famous in which you luxuriate? Besides, what kind of guy goes on vacation and completely forgets about his dog?
- Something bad happened to Oprah Winfrey. The real scandal is that Winfrey’s shopping travails are newsworthy. Soon to be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in return for picking up Obama’s dinner check, Winfrey has backpedalled from her accusations of racist treatment by a store in Zurich, Switzerland. Winfrey has done this before, attacking the Hermes store in Paris after it dared to close on time rather than hold special shopping hours for her. From reliable accounts, nothing particularly bad actually happened — unless you count “being treated like a normal human” as “something bad.”
I can’t speak for everyone, Mr. President. But the next time you go on vacation, we’d rather just get the lousy T-shirt.