Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Jimmy Carter, Michael Moore, Sean Penn and Oliver Stone: the Left Isn’t taking the death of Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez well. Shocker.
- Not a shocker: Real Venezuelans in the U.S. exclaim, “He’s gone!”
- Possibly the best thing to happen in Washington since 2008? Weather puts a temporary halt to the madness in D.C. today.
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) knows how to fix Congress: Let its demographics favor women.
- The Sequestration isn’t about to slow the implementation of Obamacare — or hamstring the Federal government’s resources (read: Internal Revenue Service) to collect your money.
- Last week: sequestration. This week: record day on Wall Street. Investors knew from the start sequestration is “a distraction” that has “no impact other than on the microphones in Washington.” Meanwhile, bashful White House Democrats “don’t comment on markets.”