- Interest in guns and gun ownership seems to be sky high, despite Federal and State assaults on the 2nd Amendment. Attendance at gun shows this month has exceeded what many longtime enthusiasts have seen – even in New York, where people are seeking to arm themselves because they’re “scared.”
- Today’s apparently the moment of truth for the airline industry, which will fly its first-ever day under the Federal Aviation Administration’s staffing cutbacks, thanks to Federal sequestration spending “cuts.” New York and L.A. have had a few delays so far; other than that, the AP doesn’t report much in the way of chaos.
- But if you want chaos, look around. A new compilation of stats shows Americans living through the Administration of President Barack Obama are more suicidal, more stressed, sicker, more medicated and generally poorer than ever before.
- Take celebs, for instance. Poor they may not be, but they can’t seem to keep it together. NFL broadcasting legend Al Michaels, of all people, was quietly busted on suspicion of DUI over the weekend. But there was nothing quiet about Reese Witherspoon’s pompous tantrum as she watched her hubby get taken down in Atlanta Friday for the same offense.
- With immigration reform shaping up as Congress’ next big fight, the RINO gang of eight is putting together a talking point agenda that uses Boston and other terror incidents as reasons to adopt their proposal to “legalize” more than 11 million illegal immigrants and start keeping tabs on who they are.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook. And follow our improved Twitter feed.
Join the Discussion
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.