President Barack Obama and his Democratic accomplices have spun themselves sick trying to stay ahead of the scandal they created in Benghazi, Libya. Anyone who watched White House mouthpiece Jay Carney’s performance in the White House Press Room last week no doubt experienced liberal-induced nausea. And anyone who watched FOX News anchor Chris Wallace spank Obama surrogate Representative Adam Smith (D-Wash.) Sunday morning knows the Democrats themselves have contracted a scorching case of partisan motion sickness.
And who can blame them? The talking points proffered by the fringe leftists who have taken over the Federal government like a group of choom-addled college students staging a sit-in in the dean’s office have swerved from the ridiculous to the insultingly stupid.
Observe the devolution of the talking points over time:
- Benghazi was a spontaneous response to a YouTube video.
- Libyan Ambassador Ali Suleiman Aujali is either lying or misinformed when he says the Benghazi attack was premeditated terrorism.
- Ambassador Chris Stevens never asked for extra security.
- Information Specialist Sean Smith never warned anyone about his concerns an attack was imminent.
- There was nothing anyone could have done.
- No air or ground support was denied.
- Obama was in the loop the whole time.
- Libyan President Mohammed Magarief is either lying or misinformed when he says the Benghazi attack was premeditated terrorism.
- Benghazi was terrorism.
- Benghazi was caused by the YouTube video. (Note: Obama continued to cite the YouTube lie for nearly a week after his own flunkies acknowledged Magarief was telling the truth.
- It was the “fog of war.”
- What difference, at this point, does it make?
- No talking points were changed.
- One talking point was changed.
- Twelve talking points were changed.
- We didn’t threaten, cajole or attempt to bribe any whistle-blowers.
- You’re only asking because you’re racist.
- “Benghazi happened a long time ago.”
- It was President George W. Bush’s fault.
- It was former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney’s fault. (Really? Really.)
- This whole debate is really a vast right-wing conspiracy aimed at destroying Hillary Clinton’s Presidential aspirations.
- This is just political theater.
Were it not for the fact that he’s a simpering little twerp, I might feel bad for Carney. As even the corporate media shows signs of interest in the Benghazi cover-up (even far-left outlets like The New York Times now acknowledge Administration misdeeds), his service as the “Squealer” to Obama’s “Napoleon” is clearly taking its toll. At one point late in his dog and pony show Friday, his face was so red I thought he might stroke out on live television.
And the show is far from over. As the liberal monolith begins to fracture under the weight of defending Obama from his own misdeeds, the Democrats have already tried to slide another plate on the bar. It turns out the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of law-abiding American citizens involved a great deal more than just a few bottom-feeders in Cincinnati.
At least the summer ought to be exciting. Here’s hoping we survive it.