Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- While White House officials likely won’t take the petitions from Texas, Louisiana and Florida to secede from the United States too seriously, the petitions have received the required number of signatures for a response. Officials say that those petitions will now be reviewed and receive some sort of response from relevant policy officials.
- The price of the Chinese yuan against the U.S. dollar has reached a record high at 6.2262.
- Worries about the coming “fiscal cliff” coupled with the re-election of President Barack Obama have prompted many wealthy Americans to begin dumping assets like stocks, businesses and homes as the year ends to avoid higher taxes.
- Despite the ongoing sex scandal, former CIA Director David Patraeus will still testify before Congress about the 9/11 terror attacks in Benghazi, Libya. It remains unclear whether Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, who claimed a scheduling conflict, will testify.
- A U.S. citizen who has worked for American Airlines for 13 years as a gate agent, in cargo operations and at the airline’s South Florida headquarters was placed on the government’s no fly list without explanation.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.