Tuesday Morning News Roundup 12-4-2012
December 4, 2012 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Law enforcement officers are lobbying wireless phone providers to keep detailed logs of Americans’ text messages for two years in case they’re needed for future criminal investigations. Welcome to 1984.
- Ongoing drought conditions are causing a strange kind of theft in heavy agriculture States: Thefts are targeting unguarded bales of hay.
- A National Security Administration whistle-blower says that every person in the United States is under virtual government surveillance.
- Iran said that it has captured a U.S. intelligence drone in its airspace over the Gulf in the past few days, but the U.S. military quickly denied having lost any unmanned aircraft.
- China has surpassed the United States as a leading international trade partner.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.