Tuesday Morning News Roundup 1-22-2013
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Here’s an interesting thought: Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Vice President Joe Biden competing for the Presidency in 2016. Stranger matchups have happened.
- President Barack Obama has claimed that a decade of war is coming to an end and economic recovery is on the way.
- Global political and business leaders have called for an unprecedented $14 trillion “greening” of the global economy to address environmental concerns.
- German officials believe a global currency war could be on the way.
- French teachers are protesting a Socialist plan to implement a five-day school week.
- Also from France: Former French President Nicholas Sarkozy and wife Carla Bruni have reportedly been making plans to move to London to escape the Socialist government’s 75 percent tax rate on the rich.
- Comedian Jon Stewart tore apart the media’s slobbering coverage of the Presidential inauguration yesterday.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.