Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Israel continues its intense air offensive against targets in the Gaza Strip as rockets fired from Gaza continue to land in Israel.
- According to new environmental data that previously went unreported in the media, global warming stopped 16 years ago.
- Paula Broadwell, the mistress of former CIA Director David Petraeus, had a wealth of classified military information on her personal computer.
- In the United Kingdom, hundreds of people are prosecuted each year for Internet posts, tweets, texts and emails deemed menacing, indecent, offensive or obscene, and the number is growing as online lives expand.
- Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) responded to President Barack Obama’s challenge to “go after me” in relation to the Benghazi attacks saying, “This President — this administration — has either been guilty of colossal incompetence or been engaged in a cover-up, neither of which is acceptable to the American people.”
- Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney said in a recent call to donors that Obama won the election as a result of the “gifts” he has provided blacks, Hispanics and young voters.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.