Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- If President Barack Obama and Congress fail to come to agreement over the fiscal cliff, high-income Californians would end up paying the Nation’s highest tax rate of nearly 52 percent because of the passage of Proposition 30.
- More bad news about the National Defense Authorization Act. Lawmakers have proposed an amendment that would add a national online sales tax.
- The CIA scrubbed and abandoned the United States’ diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya, within eight hours of the fatal Sept. 11 attacks, according to a report.
- Pot smokers in Washington State are jubilant as they spark up joints under Seattle’s Space Needle.
- North Korea is ready to launch another rocket. Maybe this one won’t explode after liftoff.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.