Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- According to figures from the United Nations’ World Meteorological Organization, global warming has been stalled since 1988.
- A new study suggests that the Guantanamo Bay detention center could be closed and the inmates it houses put in domestic prisons without harming U.S. security.
- The U.S. Postal Service says it can survive if it is allowed to ease the terms of prepayments into a retiree healthcare fund and eliminate general mail delivery on Saturday.
- The Department of Homeland Security is expanding its drone program once again, this time underwater.
- Many companies are making early payouts to their shareholders in an attempt to ease worries over the tripling of dividend tax rates next year that could result from the Nation running off its fiscal cliff.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.