Thursday Morning News Roundup 1-3-13
January 3, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- As gun grabbers plan for an all-out assault on the 2nd Amendment, the FBI reports that December set a new record for gun-purchase background checks.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu — who was expected to be re-elected easily in an election this month — is plummeting in polls after a series of embarrassing publicity flops following his decision to merge with Avigdor Lieberman’s Yisrael Beiteinu party.
- Police State alert: An 18-year-old man was jailed in Brevard County, Fla., after being accused of stuffing a $1.29 Iced Honey Bun down his pants and leaving a store.
- President Barack Obama has signed the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act, complete with a signing statement expressing his regret.
- Female Senators have blamed the dysfunction in Congress on, get this: too much testosterone — which plays nicely into the liberal criticism of Congress being too old, too white and too male.
- Happy New Year to the additional 372,000 Americans who filed new jobless claims this week. 2013 is sure to be another year of American economic malaise.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.