Comments Subscribe to Personal Liberty News Feed Subscribe to Personal Liberty
 

The Worst Week Ever

April 3, 2012 by  

The Worst Week Ever
SCREENSHOT
President Barack Obama whispered something to outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev. Unfortunately for Obama, his mic was hot.

Ask any liberal, and he will tell you: President Barack Obama is three years into an eight-year occupancy of the White House. Some people think Obama entered office as the coolest kid in school, but he’s coughing up that popularity faster than a cool kid who pukes at the prom. Since all liberal accounts declare Obama a lock for another term, why did he recently panic like a gambling addict who just blew $50,000 he borrowed from a guy named “Vinny.”

Panic led Obama to wade blindly into the case of George Zimmerman. After all, virtually every Democrat worth his weight in fraudulently cast ballots shifted his gaze from his beloved savior to joining the Zimmerman lynch mob. In suggesting Trayvon Martin would “look like” him, Obama played to the racist bilge that has consumed the foundation of the Democratic Party.  It’s hard to imagine that it’s a particularly good strategy to blow bigoted kisses to the reprobates who were already solidly in his camp; but, then again, it’s hard to imagine someone who’s supposedly a celebrated law professor tainting an entire State’s jury pool just to make Al Sharpton smile.

Having set the hounds of hubris on the good people of the Sunshine State, Obama hightailed it to the Far East, where he partied down with outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev. In between photo ops and looking at cool Korean stuff from a safe distance, Obama made time to whisper sweet nothings in Medvedev’s ear. While the obvious stumble involved offering even a whiff of improper diplomacy with the top minion of a guy who makes Bond villains look like Girl Scouts, Obama’s bizarre overconfidence stands in stark contrast to his bumbling incompetence.

Before Obama could board Air Force One for the return trip to the Nation’s Capitol, bad news headed from the Capitol to him. His signature socialist stunt, Obamacare, was flopping in front of the Supreme Court like a fish on a dock. Facing stiff questioning from the Justices, Obama’s Solicitor General Donald Verrilli stammered like the president of the chess club trying to ask the captain of the cheerleaders out on a date.  Democratic Party mouthpieces responded to Verrilli’s efforts by blaming him — not Obamacare’s gross overstepping of Constitutional boundaries — for the Justices’ reaction. By the end of the week, the White House offered Verrilli the dreaded “vote of confidence.” Hey, Don: When NFL coaches hear that, they call the movers. One jaunt through the highest court in the land, and Obama took a broadside square in the legacy and his accomplices turned on each other like starving wharf rats.

In one week, Obama turned a local matter into a national embarrassment, fumbled the ball on foreign policy and watched his planned centerpiece to an unprecedented expansion of state power virtually laughed out of court. Even if the Justices decide not to bury Obamacare in the backyard, its political value is cooked.

Then, Congress reared back and booted him like an angry mule. As the Obamacare proceedings wound down, the House of Representatives voted down Obama’s obese Federal budget 414-0. Granted, some 21 House members didn’t vote. (They were busy fitting George Zimmerman for a noose.) But even if all 21 non-voters had fallen on their budgetary swords for Obama, that’s still the kind of score the Harlem Globetrotters would run up on the pickup team from the White House Protocol Office.

The hits just keep on coming. The Muslim Brotherhood is moving toward political domination of Egypt, turning “Arab Spring 2011” into “Islamofascist Summer 2012.” The drums of war beat loudly from Tel Aviv, Israel, to Tehran, Iran (not to mention Kabul, Afghanistan). North Korea’s new leader Kim Jong Un is just as crazy as his old man and his grandfather. Evidently, the rogue nation is building the missile to prove it. On top of all that, another one of Obama’s millionaire cronies is facing fraud charges.

It’s only Tuesday. I have some advice for Obama:

This whole “President” thing turned out to be a lot more than great seats for the games and dinner with Oprah. And it’s only going to get nastier. If you thought last week was tough, just think: Before this is over, you’re going to remember it as fairly mild. Do yourself a favor. Quit.

–Ben Crystal

Ben Crystal

is a 1993 graduate of Davidson College and has burned the better part of the last two decades getting over the damage done by modern-day higher education. He now lives in Savannah, Ga., where he has hosted an award-winning radio talk show and been featured as a political analyst for television. Currently a principal at Saltymoss Productions—a media company specializing in concept television and campaign production, speechwriting and media strategy—Ben has written numerous articles on the subjects of municipal authoritarianism, the economic fallacy of sin taxes and analyses of congressional abuses of power.

Facebook Conversations

Join the Discussion:
View Comments to “The Worst Week Ever”

Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.

Is there news related to personal liberty happening in your area? Contact us at newstips@personalliberty.com

  • Vicki

    Speaking of groups having the worst week ever, the revelation that NBC doctored the police recording of the conversation between the dispatcher and Zimmerman in a blatantly obvious attempt to incite a race riot (Isn’t there a law against that somewhere?), has when combined with other recent revelations of MSM impropriety, wiped out any credibility in NBC News if not all of the mainstream media.

    The question I would ask NBC or any other MSM outlet is “were you lying to us then or are you STILL lying to us now?”

    NBC should just fold the tent and close shop.

    • Vicki

      Oh and I was so busy trying to comprehend the editing of the 911 call that I totally forgot that the MSM also edited the surveillance video of Zimmerman when he was brought in on the night of the incident.

      Wait. Didn’t a bunch of people demand that Zimmerman be arrested? Did they not see the video?

      Now the video itself did not show a lot of blood on the Zimmerman’s face but apparently MSM was so busy covering up the gaping wound on the back of his head that they forgot that it is STANDARD procedure for paramedics to do some wound prep at the scene of an injured party. Part of good wound prep is to CLEAN the area of blood and dirt etc.

      These 2 incidents are so obvious as to be painful. Zimmerman probably could sue the MSM for libel.

      —————————————————–
      “li·bel
      noun ˈlī-bəl
      2a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression
      b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt
      (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means
      (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures
      (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel
      ——————————————————
      http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/libel?show=0&t=1333439246

      • Paul

        Wow, EMS does dry cleaning too? No blood on his clothes.

      • eddie47d

        It was announced again yesterday that the voice on the phone call was not that of Zimmerman’s (voice experts). The same thing was said by the two female witnesses who heard a kids “cry for help” not that of an adult.Zimmerman was taken into custody and was then released just a few hours later (same night or early morning) by relatives. Someone who just killed someone is never immediately released like that and not without collecting important evidence. Too many folks are dropping the ball on this case.

      • Deerinwater

        I guess so, according to Vicky. I wonder if they do drapes as well.

        Well, Zimmerman will be subject to his rights

        and the other guy a nice funnel.

        Obama having a bad day or good day really does not concern me much but Ben Crystal seems interested enough while he referred to the president as everything but a white man.

        “In suggesting Trayvon Martin would “look like” him, Obama played to the racist bilge that has consumed the foundation of the Democratic Party.”

        Oh really, racist in what way Ben? Was Martin shot for his “appearance” ? Is it okay to shoot people for their appearance? Zimmerman was the man with the gun wasn’t he?

        I think maybe Obama had a better day then Martin. Zimmerman must have had a good day as well as, after being “threaten” by Martian’s appearance he’s still alive!

        The democratic party has not been consumed by anything Ben Crystal. The only people consumed around here is people that defend people that openly call our women, whores, sluts and prostitutes for speak out on the issues of the day. People that defend an insubordinate soldier from military discipline. People that think Osama Bin Laden was harshly treated.
        People that protest, the snuffing out of America’s enemies when they are found seriously compromised because they are American’s and wasn’t read their right first.

        The DNC, is much as it has always been in the last 30 years, an all inclusive party, even if we have to hold our nose and exercise more tolerance then we really feel comfortable with something as we honor the notion that all men/women are created equal with “certain” inalienable rights.

        It sounds as if Ben Crystal is attempting to paint the DNC as “Black” to me, or maybe just “black lovers” without coming out and saying it.

        Ben, you are a sick man, get help, your preoccupation with skin pigment is well over the top to think of yourself as being an Average American.

        Whatever you are, it’s not inside the scope of “Average”.

      • http://yahoo Rocco

        He still killed a child. He should not followed or confronted him. A person is dead because ,at the least, he was stupid and reckless.

    • Robert Smith

      Zimmerman was the predator.

      What would anyone around here do if they were accosted by someone as they were walking down the sidewalk? Maybe you would be carrying a coke and peanut butter cups instead of tea and skittles. But would you be any different than the kid?

      The polce knew what they were doing when they told Zimmerman to not assault the kid. Remember they knew him well. He had called something like 45 times before. From here he looks like a bit of a nut case.

      Rob

      • Al

        He wasn’t attacked or harrassed, he was merely followed. If I was confronted I would remain calm and talk to the person and explain what I was doing & why I was there. No one knows what happened except the person involved & the eye-witness. I thought rush to judgement lynching went out w/the old west. Evidently not. What happened to ‘innocent until PROVEN guilty’. Instead of all the national attention on one dummy shooting another dummy. Why aren’t all of you as outraged over all of the killings in Chicago or Washington D.C.?

      • Average Joe

        Thanks Robert,
        As usual, it is so nice for you to fill us all in on the “Facts” of the case…considering you weren’t there…….. either. Pour yourself another bowl of stupid…you wear it so well.
        Of course you know what they say about opinions…right? Stop talking out of yours.
        Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and let us wonder if you’re an idiot…rather than to open it…and remove all doubt.
        Thanks for playing Robert…parting gifts are available at the exit door.

      • eddie47d

        All killings are generally senseless Al and there are so many that it is hard to keep up with them all. Are you concerned (outraged) about the murders at the Oakland Seminary and Nursing School?

      • Ted Crawford

        One claims that Zimmerman was a ” predator”. Another claims that Martin ” wasn’t attacked or harressed ” The facts are that we just DO NOT know what happened! Did Zimmerman approch Martin in an agressive manner? Was Zimmermans weapon exposed or hidden? Did Martin approch Zimmerman in an agressive manner, thinking Zimmerman smaller and weaker? Did Zimmerman attack, did Martin attack, did Zimmerman break off his following when the Police told him to? We know exactly none of the above! We must wait for the facts to come out before we can make an informed decission on this!

      • Average Joe

        “Are you concerned (outraged) about the murders at the Oakland Seminary and Nursing School?”

        Yes I am concerned. I am concerned that he was the only one that was armed.Had one other person there been armed, most of those people who were killed might still be alive today with a memory of what happened rather than being a statistic and he would be dead or in intensive care…instead of those innocent people.

        An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
        Robert A Heinlein

      • Why

        Robert Smith wrote: “Zimmerman was the predator.”

        Average Joe wrote: “Thanks Robert, As usual, it is so nice for you to fill us all in on the “Facts” of the case…considering you weren’t there…….. either. Pour yourself another bowl of stupid…you wear it so well.”

        I disagree with Robert’s use of the word “predator” and his assumption that Zimmerman approached Martin. But I address Average Joe because his entire “Reply” lacked civility.

        All parties agree that Zimmerman was not pulled from his vehicle. Zimmerman is clearly the alleged “perp” in this instance, especially since he disregarded the dispatcher’s request that he stop following – removed himself from his vehicle – got into an altercation with Martin – shot and killed Martin. Zimmerman’s claim to self-defense rests on his being attacked from behind when returning to his vehicle. Those are the known facts and everything else is conjecture.

        Average Joe- What is being suggested is that there is enough evidence to warrant an investigation: one that the police were not conducting and had no intention of conducting. Some Black kid gunned down on the street by some Hispanic kid- who cares, right!? Wrong! Even though Martin did not look like one of my children, as a parent I would still want the police to investigate and not look the other way. Most people with something more going for them besides racial bias would want to see this situation investigated. So please do enjoy not only your well earned “bowl of stupid” that you are wearing but also your shiny bigot (“a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices”*) badge.

        Best Wishes-
        W

        *Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot

      • http://liberty Tony

        To Everyone:
        I’m going to say this for the last time. The 911 dispatcher told George Zimmerman not to get involved or engage in any action against the suspect-Trayvon Martin. Let the police handle it. Therefore, by George Zimmerman getting involved, this tragedy took place which didn’t have to. Thus, Zimmerman should at least be charge with negligence and disobeying a police order to at worst with intentional homicide of a teenager. Next, it’s true Obama had a bad week but regardless he’s going to get re-elected by a landslide because of his competition or lack of. As stated in the past, i’ve been a Repub. for 27 yrs.
        Thanks!!

      • Average Joe

        Why,

        “What is being suggested is that there is enough evidence to warrant an investigation: one that the police were not conducting and had no intention of conducting.”

        An investigation was being conducted before the shooting had even occurred (beginning with the 911 call). The media and the family didn’t like the results of the investigation and made a national public stink over the handling.
        Next the State and Federal authorities got into the investigation and still have made no arrest of Mr. Zimmerman in the case. Is everyone trying to cover something up? Is it a plot, perpatrated by the whole world against Martin? Please enlighten me, I seem to be confused.

        As for my civility towards Robert, We here, have listened to Robert regurgitate the same arguments since this entire travesty began…he wasn’t there…but he knows all of the facts….and will be happy to tell you the same thing day after day, week after week……like a broken record.

        “All parties agree that Zimmerman was not pulled from his vehicle. Zimmerman is clearly the alleged “perp” in this instance, especially since he disregarded the dispatcher’s request that he stop following – removed himself from his vehicle – got into an altercation with Martin – shot and killed Martin. Zimmerman’s claim to self-defense rests on his being attacked from behind when returning to his vehicle. Those are the known facts and everything else is conjecture.”

        And you base these “known facts” on what? Media reports? Do you have coppies of the investigation reports etc? (if so please post them here for all the world to see). Unless you were:
        1. There (when it happened)
        2. Are part of the actual investigation
        3. or one of the two individuals involved in this sad affair,
        You have no more idea of the facts than any of the rest of us here on this site.
        You have media biased reports and sensationalism to work with…nothing more.
        As for all parties agreeing…apparently not, since some of the folks think Zimmerman is guilty of murder….and others believe he was justified in the shooting.

        You can spin this any way you choose (the media certainly has), but the fact remains…you have no more information about this case…than the rest of us have.

        So please do enjoy not only your well earned “bowl of stupid” that you are wearing but also your shiny bigot (“a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices”*) badge.

        Best Wishes-

        AJ

      • Robert Smith

        Al asks: ” What happened to ‘innocent until PROVEN guilty’.”

        Yes… Zimmerman presumed the kid to be “guilty” of something or he wouldn’t have told the police all that he did and he wouldn’t have gone after him.

        Judge, jury, and executioner. How’s that as a job discreption of Zimmerman?

        Rob

      • Vicki

        eddie47d says:

        Are you concerned (outraged) about the murders at the Oakland Seminary and Nursing School?

        Why yes eddie, we are. And for the SAME reason as this young lady is.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-oNMHNrS-8

      • Average Joe

        “Judge, jury, and executioner.”

        Did you come up with that all by yourself?…oh wait….seems I’ve seen that posted here once or twice before here…. today.

        I am guessing that you didn’t get the parting gift on your way out. Please come back again and play…when you have an original thought ( that should take a long while).

      • Vicki

        why writes

        Average Joe- What is being suggested is that there is enough evidence to warrant an investigation: one that the police were not conducting and had no intention of conducting.

        And where is your evidence the police did not conduct an investigation? He was hauled in to jail that night for questioning. The police obviously found enough evidence of self defense to release him.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investigation_of_the_death_of_Trayvon_Martin

        • Why

          Vicki,

          You wrote: “And where is your evidence the police did not conduct an investigation?” The police accepted the survivor’s version with no further investigation. Did they fail to investigate further because a Hispanic man shot and killed a Black man- and would not have investigated the reverse either- because it was inconsequential to them? There is a reality out there where this is true. Certainly, they did not check for collaborating witnesses or other possible evidence.

          And Vicki, thank you for noting that my issue is with the local police not investigating and not with who’s the victim and who’s the perpetrator. I have been somewhat surprised at the amount of attention given to that concern.

          Best Wishes,
          W

      • Vicki

        Average joe writes to Robert Smith

        You can spin this any way you choose (the media certainly has), but the fact remains…you have no more information about this case…than the rest of us have.

        And with the proof that the media doctored the 911 call they have removed themselves from the list of credible sources of facts. Both in this case and in any other. Not that this is news, just that it is a nice clear example of media tampering with truth.

      • Vicki

        Robert Smith says:

        Yes… Zimmerman presumed the kid to be “guilty” of something or he wouldn’t have told the police all that he did and he wouldn’t have gone after him.

        Innocent until proven guilty is an instruction to all you people who WERE NOT THERE.
        If a guy named Joe walks up to you and stabs you in the leg and walks away laughing, YOU know he is guilty. We don’t. The innocent until proven guilty is an admonishment to us to get the facts and not just accept your word that Joe did it.

        Judge, jury, and executioner. How’s that as a job discreption of Zimmerman?

        How about Neighborhood Watch CAPTAIN? Appointed to the position by his fellow citizens. Out doing the duty they assigned him to? Attacked and beaten by someone ALLEGED to be Mr Martin.

        Of course his being a part of a neighborhood watch is just info from the discredited media but it is from so many different media sources that it might be true.

        • Why

          Vicki,
          Zimmerman is on record (911 call) saying he was on the way to the grocery store when he spotted Martin.
          W–

      • 45caliber

        Robert:

        If I was accosted by anyone at 3 in the morning, I’d certainly be nervous. In fact, if given the chance, I’d run … even if I was armed. But Martin didn’t. At at 6 ft 3, I’m not sure I’d call him a child as others here have done. So at best, there were mistakes on both sides. I’m still curious about the witness the police said they had whose name they didn’t give. Curious.

        And eddie, yes, I am upset about all the shootings in CA. I’m even more upset because none of them were given the chance to be armed to defend themselves.

      • Why

        Average Joe- After public outcry, the state’s attorney began an investigation. Your source of information is the same as mine.

        You wrote: “Is everyone trying to cover something up? Is it a plot, perpatrated by the whole world against Martin?” These questions are red herrings for if there is a “plot” it would be against the survivor and not the victim.

        You wrote: “And you base these “known facts” on what? Media reports? Do you have coppies of the investigation reports etc?” Those questions are a clear attempt to obfuscate and are logical non sequiturs. Obtaining information from public sources requires discernment and not copies of the source records. Perhaps the news would be more factual and interesting if source documents were used. So many seem happy with whatever the “official” version as long as it’s given by officials they respect.

        You wrote: “You can spin this any way you choose (the media certainly has)…” Here you are half right. The MSM posting of Martin as a 14 yr old versus Zimmerman looking as a convict were attempts at subliminal spin (this fortunately has recently changed). MSM’s drawing more attention to the Martin family, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson clearly spinning the race card is more direct and honest but still spin. There is no spin on my part in boiling what officials in news articles say down to action points. My spinning is conjecture on your part.

        You wrote: “As for my civility towards Robert, We here, have listened to Robert regurgitate the same arguments since this entire travesty began…” And so you could have said. Here I will help you,

        Robert Smith, that is the same tired argument I’ve heard all week long. I am tired of it and I hope you are flamed by others who are tired of it. Can’t you just wait until the investigation is complete before taking sides or speculating on what you would have done (which really would not have mattered at all as you were not there- much less involved)?

        There, now don’t you feel better. Here, have another beer. lol…Now I am just joking around with you. But really, from all the available public evidence the local police did not adequately investigate this and it blew up in their faces. As for the guilt of any party involved, we both can agree on that issue as, that has yet to be determined.

      • Robert Smith

        Well folks there are more facts coming out about George Zimmerman.

        While police originally said that Zimmerman had a clean record he doesn’t.

        Zimmerman had been arrested in 2005 for assaulting a police officer.

        He had also been accused of domestic violence that same year although there werent any formal charges the game of restraining orders was apparently played. I’m looking for more details about that one.

        It looks like Zimmerman had a history of blowing up. Temmperl, temper… Apparently he lost his job because of inappropriate behavior.

        The more that comes out the more this guy looks like someone who lost it and killed someone.

        Give it a day or so to see what comes into the mainstream press. Zimmerman may actually have a history of being a nut case.

        Rob

      • Average Joe

        Why,
        You suprise me, you really are dumber than I would have thought you capable of. Everything that I have said has been papered over with more of your (same old) rhetoric while providing nothing more than your opinion to bolster your claims…no facts, nothing but your personal opinion…that and $5 will get you a cup of coffee in some cities…..
        As with Robert..your parting gift is waiting at the exit door……..

        • Why

          Dear Average Joe,

          Of course, you do know the definition of rhetoric? What exactly are you hiding from? Are you really convinced justice has already been met- because some Hispanic killed some Black; so who the blessed saints cares whether this is investigated or not? What exactly is your point? Since when is having an evidential or evidentiary opinion fodder for the grist? Am I buying you a cup of coffee? Not that I necessarily mind, mind you…

          Hope you have a better day,
          W–

      • Dennis48e

        “Zimmerman had been arrested in 2005 for assaulting a police officer.”

        Tell the rest of the story RS. The charges were dropped.

      • Bob

        # 1 he was in a gated comunity he didnt need to be there he didnt live there or know anyone there
        # 2 the police didnt say anything it was 911 and they never said anything about not assaulting him
        # 3better ck again the police and the FBI said he hasnt called 911 45 times it was your stupid ABC CBS and NBC that reported that he had called 9 times you need to get your facts straight before you mouth off this is why its got blown out of preportion from idiots like you that wasnt even there so shut up and let the cops and FBI do there jobs

      • Mary Ann Ludwig

        Based on preliminary evidence, it was Martin who did the assaulting not Zimmerman. Zimmerman was on thee ground with Martin slamming his head according to a witness. PS. Martin is not a “child” in spite of the fact that the lamestrea media continues to show photos of him when he was 11 years or so old. Why don’t they show his as the almost adult fully grown man that he was? Just aasking.

      • Vicki

        Why says:

        Vicki,
        Zimmerman is on record (911 call) saying he was on the way to the grocery store when he spotted Martin.

        And your point? Or did you not have one.

    • dave

      well put you would have thought that the news would of done the research in what the last year 15 homes broken into by young black males. it looks to me zimmerman had a reason to follow this person.

    • no body

      Vicki, check out the book by David Rockefeller, or just watch the movie “Freedom to Facism”. It’s on youtube.

      MSM has been lying to us for about fifty years now, at least. In that book, Rockefeller thanks them for keeping the plans he and his buddies had underwraps, away from the stupid public. He doesn’t put it in just those words, but that’s just what he meant. He honestly thinks we’re not intelligent enough to run our own lives.The video I suggested quotes him towards the end.
      I get my news off the internet, since I cancelled my cable about three years ago.

      These guys are great, and I also look at Alex Jones, Drudge, Breitbart, and the NRA program, Cam and Company. Whether you like guns or not, they are a killer source for news. They were reporting on Fast and Furious at least three months before CBS finally publicized it. And with our 2nd under direct attack, it’s a good idea to see just what all is being done. It’s scary, but better to be in the know than not.

      There’s also a little something you might want to check out. I’ve been hearing more and more about something called “Report from Iron Mountain”, so I looked it up. What I found took me about three hours to read, and while some people claim this was just a novel that was written in the middle sixties, it mirrors so much, too a tee.. It’s also been said that when LBJ read it, he hit the roof, and banned it.

      • Deerinwater

        And the NRA has no ax to grind and to be taken at face value? well, that good to know.

  • TIME

    Believe – Nothing the Mass Media tells you or shows you its all an illusion or an outright LIE- as in Nothing that you see, nothing that your hear, nothing you red that the Mass Media puts in print.

    Also nothing that you experience by way of the media or Politicians is done in any way other than to inflame either YOU or some group that can be used as the TOOL of the Moment.

    Understand the GOAL of the 13 bloodlines, understand the GOAL of the Brotherhood of Satan – BTW all of whom are on the same TEAM.

    Peace and Love

    • Robert Smith

      Two “buy an expert” folks did an audio analysis of the 911 tape of the screams. They DO have a sample of Zimmerman’s voice on the 911 from the call he made so comparison is possible.

      Guess what! It’s unlikley he was the one who screamed as he claimed.

      It’s already proven that Zimmerman is a liar.

      Now there is reason that a policeman was willing to arrest Zimmerman but he was thwarted by the DA.

      Rob

      • Average Joe

        And there we have it folks…Mr. Knowitall has spoken……..

        It’s Robert’s opinion…therefore…it must be true!………………………..NOT!.

      • AVCurmudgeon

        Pay attention because I only want to have to say this once.

        If the police in Florida had probable cause to arrest Zimmerman they would do so. You assume there is something evil in the fact that they have not done so. To the contrary, it is to their credit that they are not bowing to the mob.

        As for the credibility of “experts”, that must be tested in court. Until then, anyone with his “Doctor of Thinkology” can say whatever he wants, which will be accepted as gospel because folks like you want it to be true. Remember, hired “experts” also said that OJ did not kill Nicole and that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter. If you can’t prove it in court you can’t prove it.

        And People magazine notwithstanding, this is not a “national tragedy”. It is a local incident that has been blown way out of proportion by peddlers of racism and malignant opportunists.

  • http://www.cindynel.co.za peter

    Firstly I do not believe that Obama will take your advice and quit. He is so cocksure of another term that such a thought does not cross his mind. He considers himself above all other members of the human race and treats the American people with utter contempt, seeing them as servile, incompetent and stupid. The incompetent and stupid may well apply seeing as they voted him in in the first place. That would be compounded by voting him in again. Can anyone imagine his arrogance at being voted in for a second term? If the American people wish to be his servants, that is their prerogative but it will certainly illustrate a certain type of apathy, carelessness and final submission of Americans to a person who really does not deserve to be ‘the boss’. I always thought that Americans were made of sterner stuff than that. I remember the days when men were men and pansies were flowers – are those days gone forever now? Seems the men have departed and the pansies are now in control.

    • Average Joe

      peter,
      I honestly believe that the reason for is arrogance is as follows.
      1. NDAA is now signed into law
      2. Paneeta has already told congress that the military takes it’s orders from the UN and NATO…not from congress.
      3. In the event that the imposter in chief is reelected, he sails into power unapposed and militarizes the nation further through drones,checkpoints, gun confiscation and rounding up of political dissidents ( to be placed in those non-existent FEMA camps.
      4. In the event that the imposter in chief does not get reelected, there will be race rioting throughout this nation within 24 hours, thereby allowing the IIC to institute martial law and…..militarizes the nation further through drones,checkpoints, gun confiscation and rounding up of political dissidents ( to be placed in those non-existent FEMA camps.

      Am I just being paranoid? I don’t think so, especially when you consider that DHS just ordered 450,000,000 (that’s 450 million) rounds of .40 cal. ammo…on an open ended contract…..along with 175 million rounds of .223 cal….which BTW is a NATO round.
      Is DHS worried about a terrorist invasion here…..or are we to be considered the terrorists?
      Time for real worry folks.

      The following is an excerpt from the official press release about this deal between ATK and the Department of Homeland Security….

      ATK announced that it is being awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) agreement from the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS, ICE) for .40 caliber ammunition. This contract features a base of 12 months, includes four option years, and will have a maximum volume of 450 million rounds.

      ATK was the incumbent and won the contract with its HST bullet, which has proven itself in the field. The special hollow point effectively passes through a variety of barriers and holds its jacket in the toughest conditions. HST is engineered for 100-percent weight retention, limits collateral damage, and avoids over-penetration.

      “We are proud to extend our track record as the prime supplier of .40 caliber duty ammunition for DHS, ICE,” said Ron Johnson, President of ATK’s Security and Sporting group.

      But this is not the only kind of ammo that the DHS is placing an order for.

      Business Insider is also reporting that the Department of Homeland Security is seeking to buy 175 million rifle ammunition rounds….

      We’ve also learned that the Department has an open bid for a stockpile of rifle ammo. Listed on the federal business opportunities network, they’re looking for up to 175 million rounds of .233 caliber ammo to be exact. The 223 is almost exactly the same round used by NATO forces, the 5.56 x 45mm.

      Keep your powder dry! We’re going to need it!

      • Vicki

        Average Joe writes

        ATK was the incumbent and won the contract with its HST bullet, which has proven itself in the field. The special hollow point effectively passes through a variety of barriers and holds its jacket in the toughest conditions. HST is engineered for 100-percent weight retention, limits collateral damage, and avoids over-penetration.

        Interesting description. Goes thru a variety of barriers but avoids over-penetration and is hollow point. Quite the magic act.

    • Neil Swan

      Obama is for people certainly more than the republicans are.
      It’s only people like you that are stupid.

      Neil

      • Neil Swan

        I clicked the Reply on this comment

        peter says:
        April 3, 2012 at 7:38 am

        But it didn’t go there.

        Here is the comment I put. It probably won’t go back into mine where I clicked Reply this time.

        Neil Swan says:
        April 3, 2012 at 3:32 pm

        Obama is for people certainly more than the republicans are.
        It’s only people like you that are stupid.

        Neil

        Reply

      • Neil Swan

        Well it did

        Neil

      • soverit

        Neil: WAKE UP! This is about the very survival of our beloved country. Stupid = refusing to take your blinders off.

        • Deerinwater

          Funny, I was telling people to wake up in 1983,1984, 85, 86,87, 2002,2003,2004,2005 by 2006 I gave up, and here you are in 2012 , telling people to wake up!

          Where were you all those years? Sleeping?

  • klaus

    This article nicely outlines a bad week for the President, or so it would seem. The media is doing such a great job either mis-reporting or not reporting at all that most people do not have a clue that the President had a bad week. Unfortunately, there are enough ignorant people in our country that would re-elect our traitor-in-chief.

  • Deerinwater

    I’ve made a point of not keeping up with this.

    As I understand it, a man with a gun shot and killed a man without a gun because he was acting and dressed suspicious.

    Clearly the dead guy needed a gun in this case.

    Carry guns because Cops are too heavy, would be my advise.

    • Vicki

      Deerinwater writes:

      As I understand it, a man with a gun shot and killed a man without a gun because he was acting and dressed suspicious.

      Keeping in mind that we do not have a lot of (any?) reliable information it would appear that the man with a gun shot the man without the gun because the man without a gun was bashing the head of the man with a gun into concrete.

      That would mean that yes he was shot because he was acting in an aggressive manor that would cause a reasonable person to fear for his life.

      We are missing a lot of facts and evidence and the media has prostituted itself by doctoring the 911 tapes and covering key parts of the video that they have so thoughtfully shared with us.

      • JUKEBOX

        Everybody keeps calling a 6’3″, 17 year old a “CHILD”, and I find this a ludicrous statement.

      • Deerinwater

        “because the man without a gun was bashing the head of the man with a gun into concrete.”

        Hmm? Well lets hope for Zimmerman well being, that story holds up.

        It could happen, this is why we have the right to trial, which works well 85% of the time.

        “Donald York says:
        April 4, 2012 at 2:33 pm
        With Obamas race hounds inciting the blacks, Sharpton, Jackson, New black panther party, among black members of congress, George Zimmerman will undoubtally be a hunted man.”

        I don’t believe Sharpton or Jackson takes orders from anyone Donald. I wish they would, maybe we could get them to leave.

  • http://yahoo.com charles

    Best article that i have read in a long while. keep up the good work!

    • http://www.mototcarsfinancial.com Brad

      It is a great article, I love the way Ben sarcastically iritates the lefty liberals with his starait out truths and they just can’t stand the fact that he makes them look so foolish with his comments.

      • Deerinwater

        Ben is not an irritant Brad, but you’re enjoyment in thinking that he might be, could be seen that way.

        Myself, i’m just sort of disappointed that people can show up here, thinking they hold some special insights and say stupid things with so much sincerity, it’s clear that they believe it.

        How are we to select good people to run our government with such people having the right to vote? This is a very disappointing thought to ponder.

        Ben is more of a zoo keeper and it just feeding time.

  • john

    Those who placed obama illegally on ballot for election will make sure their little commie puppet will be re-elected in order to accomplish all they set out to do to destroy our nation and it’s sovreignty.Do you honestly believe we are still a united nation?Do you still believe our govt. works in the same manner as the one established by our founding fathers?Do you think the constitution is still valid to this administration?Do you think Obama cares or is worried about re-election?No.He already knows he’ll be put back in.The people of this country have become complacent and stupid..everyone sits back watching the govt take away more and more of our rights and thinks someoen else will stand up..and no one does and those in power know this.The best thing we can do now in order to turn this thing around is to get on your knees in your home with your families and pray.This nation has already been successfully taken over by our enemies from within.

    • Walt

      John, might I suggest you explore a little history. Read up on the history of Spain in the 1930′s. They too had a little incident with a coalition government of socialists, communists and anarchists banding together to take over the government through “democratic elections”. They too squabbled amongst themselves over leftist power and ideology. They too sang the songs of wealth distribution, secularism and property confiscation.

      It all ended in a bloody and ferocious civil war between those elements who wanted another Stalin-like state in Europe and those who wanted to defend freedom, Christianity and private prperty rights.

      The parallels between Spain in the 1930′s and America in 2012 are curiously similar.

      • http://liberty Tony

        Dear Walt:
        What history are you reading. The government that took over Spain was a facist tolitarian on under Francisco Franco. Before the 1936 war, Spain was a promising fledgeling democratic parliamentary society. Sir, get your facts straight in the future. Good bye!!

      • Average Joe

        Tony,
        I think the key is…we don’t want Franco to win here…..Obama=Franco…anyone other than Ron Paul=Franco,Stalin, Mao, Caligula etc……any questions? I thought not!

        Stop all of this insanity…..Elect Ron Pau l/ Andrew Napolitano 2012!

    • http://liberty Tony

      A correction, One not on!!

    • JUKEBOX

      Four Democrat leaders in Indiana have been indicted for forging several hundred names on petitions, which if true, would have made Obama an illegal candidate in 2008 in that state.

      • soverit

        @ JUKEBOX: Another reason to oust the imposter & occupier of OUR White House.

  • Pingback: The worst week ever - Old Hippie's Forums

  • AVCurmudgeon

    Good work, Ben.

    Obama just has to comment on everything. Why does it matter that “his son” (assuming Obama’s Y chromosome has any muscle) would look like Trayvon? It only matters because to Obama everything filters through Critical Race Theory: it’s all about the whites oppressing the blacks. Always. Every time. Oh, right. Zimmerman isn’t “white”. Only half-white. Well, one drop makes you whole. Which is why Obama is a white president.

    The phrase “arrogance of office” was meant for Obama. This is a man who thinks the world hangs on his every word. News flash, sir: you are becoming shopworn. Your comments appear and disappear and all that is left is another picture of you with your mouth open and your hands hacking the air. You cannot affect the outcome of the Martin investigation, nor the outcome of the Obamacare case, nor should you. This is a Republic, not your personal exercise in wish fulfillment. So sit down, be still, and spend some time studying the meaning of the word “Presidential”.

    • JUKEBOX

      I would like to correct one thing. All of the dumb masses hang on every lie that slides out of Obama’s evil mouth.

    • soverit

      @AVCurmudgeon: Nice post! Problem is “wish fulfillment” includes dismantling USA; he thinks like a dictator & is quite possibly insane.

  • 2WarAbnVet

    Shawn Tyson, age 17 was sentenced on in Sarasota, FLA 28 Feb 2012 for the murder of two young British tourists who got lost and wandered into his neighborhood. You never heard of Shawn Tyson? It isn’t surprising, Shawn is black and the victims were white. The story is not one that will inflame racial passions. It also is not one to benefit the liberal/socialist media agenda.

    • Buster the Anatolian

      You are correct. I had heard the verdict as one line that only mentioned he had been convicted for killing the two tourist. NO mention of his race or the tourist’s race. As you said just the opposit of what we have here where there are those including most if not all of the MSM who want this to be a race issue and only a race issue.

    • Average Joe

      I live just north of Sarasota and remember the case well (local news only of course). The first thing the media did (and of course the liberal/progressive commentors), was to try and claim that the two tourists must have been looking for drugs and therefore contributed to their own deaths……all based on speculation and nothing more (later proven to be untrue).
      I guess it’s all in how the media can twist a story to get more advertizing dollars…..truth be damned.

    • Brad

      2WarAbnVet,

      First off sir, thank you for your service so many years ago, one vet to another, US Navy (Ret) 83-03. http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=OJiQxjO0Q4E this video opens a huge hole where the MSM neglected or plainly under reported this incident from 07. Only a few media outlets covered it, nothing from NBC, CBS or ABC.

    • JUKEBOX

      I’d bet Sharpton wasn’t down there stirring up the rabble that time. This time he was at a rally while his mother lay in her casket in a funeral home. That shows where his priorities are.

  • Average Joe

    Why is it that out of the entire article…..the only thing that the lefty loonies only want to discuss Treyvon/Zimmerman? I guess they can’t even atempt to defend anything else…..because it is indefensible….
    Stick to the media plan…..stay on issue…don’t look around and don’t let anyone on the “right” distract you from your endeavors to be Judge, Jury and Executioner….whether you have any real evidence or not……MOB mentality at it’s finest…….. A reality where actual thought…is not required….nor wanted.
    Their mantra: “I wasn’t there, but this is what happened”

    I don’t believe it. Prove it to me and I still won’t believe it.
    Douglas Adams

    • Deerinwater

      “.the only thing that the lefty loonies only want to discuss Treyvon/Zimmerman? ”

      Well Doug , it’s a right wing thread forum and for you to dominate with the usual name calling.

      and I think that it was Ben that brought it forward first with what he would call a zinger, attacking the President and the DNC both at the same time.

      Are you suggesting that it’s inappropriate to offer defense to such an attack? And for those that would, guilty of being “Left Wing LOONIES”?

      Here, why don’t you tie both of our hands behind our back and let us lay down, so you might keep up!

      • soverit

        @Deerinwater (Deer in the Liberal Headlights): The scariest news item you totally ignore; where is your communist party card? This is “MY last election” after which he has more “flexibility”. If you can, think about that unbelievable statement.

        • Deerinwater

          So? You have a problem with the truth? ~ It “will be” his last election for the title “President of The United States of America” and he will be working with less restrain if elected. ~ Exactly like any other president that anticipated a second term.

          But I can’t help you with your “Communist” references. I suppose that you are suggesting that the DNC is “PINKo” Headquarters? LOL!

          So ~ yes after 8 years of Right Wing politics “W” style, driving the nation into the ground, the nation is in need of some “Left” . Don’t that just chap your a$$est?

    • Average Joe

      My point obviously went right over your left leaning head (Try standing up straight, so that you catch things in the future). The point was that out of the entire article, the only thing you lefties want to dispute or comment on…is the same rhetoric that you have been regurgitating for over a month now…..it’s all about Martin/Zimmerman…..the rest of the article completely eluded you….as for calling folks like you “lefty loonies”, your reply speaks volumes to it’s validity.

      Once again,
      Stick to the media plan…..stay on issue…don’t look around and don’t let anyone on the “right” distract you from your endeavors to be Judge, Jury and Executioner….whether you have any real evidence or not……MOB mentality at it’s finest…….. A reality where actual thought…is not required….nor wanted.
      Your mantra: “I wasn’t there, but this is what happened”

      I don’t believe it. Prove it to me and I still won’t believe it.
      Douglas Adams

      • Deerinwater

        The rest of the article was so discursively written with Ben attempts to establish Obama “bad day” , it’s hardly worth comment Average American.

        “In one week, Obama turned a local matter into a national embarrassment, fumbled the ball on foreign policy and watched his planned centerpiece to an unprecedented expansion of state power virtually laughed out of court. Even if the Justices decide not to bury Obamacare in the backyard, its political value is cooked.”

        There is too much assumption there, but any decision, one way or the other, where HCR stays or goes, the democrats win. Now it’s true, Obama might lose some yardage if it’s chopped to pieces. But from that day forward the GOP owns HC in this country. Serious baggage the GOP can be beat up over for years to come. In essence, the GOP is loading the DNC’s guns for them.

        I am not aware of a “national embarrassment” other then Tea Party supporters seeming to think that it’s good that Rush can call women sluts and prostitutes and stay in business as a national “political entertainer”. Or they thinking that the military is being mean to a soldier that claims that his Commander & Chief is a domestic enemy. Now , that’s a national embarrassment.

        “Then, Congress reared back and booted him like an angry mule. As the Obamacare proceedings wound down, the House of Representatives voted down Obama’s obese Federal budget 414-0.”

        So what the big deal, If congress doesn’t like his budget, ` it’s for them to craft one themselves?
        Congress needs to get to work and make some hard choices. isn’t that in their job description? I seriously doubt if Obama served up a slamming point shot, but lobbed Congress a volley. Now the balling is in Congress’s court, right where it needs to be.

        “The hits just keep on coming. The Muslim Brotherhood is moving toward political domination of Egypt, turning “Arab Spring 2011” into “Islamofascist Summer 2012.” The drums of war beat loudly from Tel Aviv, Israel, to Tehran, Iran (not to mention Kabul, Afghanistan). North Korea’s new leader Kim Jong Un is just as crazy as his old man and his grandfather. Evidently, the rogue nation is building the missile to prove it. On top of all that, another one of Obama’s millionaire cronies is facing fraud charges.”

        So these events are seen as cause for Obama having a bad day? ~ Well, I’d admit someone seem to be but Obama does not “own” these event, it’s just another day at the office for No Drama Obama.

        Okay, Doug, I’ve found a moment to respond to some of Ben Crystal’s other “remarks”

        how did you like them?

      • Paula

        I have one comment for Deerinwater. You are obviously watching and listening to the main stream media only, because you comments are so stupid. You should change your name to ostrich with head in sand

        • Deerinwater

          Well, madam, I view all news outlets and not exclusive to a single source it’s true, guilty as charged. And you?

          And this feeble attempt to relabel me and define me serves what purpose exactly?

          I don’t have enough solid data to form an opinion in this case. Like what was Zimmerman defending? property? Who commissioned his charge? What was the departed guilt?

          I find it somewhat odd that a single young unarmed male would attempt to confront a larger, older armed male while he spoke to his girl friend at the same time.

          One hand holding his pants up, one hand full of cell phone, doesn’t offer us much of an attack mode picture.

          This all appears rather cloudy at the moment. Zimmerman father spoke some to reporters yesterday. From this interview it’s rather clear Zimmerman was raised in an environment rich in racial bigotry, affording us a view to a predisposition. This didn’t do Zimmerman much good in the court of public opinion.

          This event is racially charged, i fail to see at this point how that can be completely ignored.

          And it’s Deerinwater, if you please Paula. Don’t triffle with my name or I put you with the preschoolers.

  • http://personallibertydigest gottaplenty

    This is painting with a very broad brush, but have you ever heard a black own up to any wrong doing?
    That goes clear to the top, Maybe Obummer could find a constitunal law that said Geo Bush told Zimmerman to pull he trigger. So now lets get the guns….

    • Deerinwater

      “This is painting with a very broad brush, but have you ever heard a black own up to any wrong doing? ”

      or republican either as far as that goes.

      • Brad

        Any one could say the same thing about the RATS you love deer.

      • JUKEBOX

        Obama is indicted and convicted by his own lying words. I cannot believe that any President would excoriate the entire Supreme Court before they give their decision on Obamacare. It sounds like he is making a threat to them if they don’t agree with him.

    • Karolyn

      “This is painting with a very broad brush, but have you ever heard a black own up to any wrong doing?”

      Answer: “Yes.”

      • Brad

        And who was it Karolyn, please we all want to know, what black person has owned up to wrong doing?

      • Average Joe

        Brad,
        Thanks, I didn’t want to be the first one to ask the obvious….lol
        OK Karolyn…start naming names (I’m betting that BO is’n't to be found in that short list of yours).

      • Karolyn

        You wouldn’t know any of them. I hate to use the “r” word, but it sure seems to fit here.

      • Average Joe

        Pssst! Karolyn, you can actually use words here (within reason of course). Please feel free to “let your knickers down” and join in the festivities ( I promise, we won’t be offended). PC has left the building!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of UO (Unapoligeticlly Opinionated). ;)

      • Karolyn

        Joe – You missed my sarcasm. Usually, when the word “racist” is used here, the poster is soundly trounced by conservatives for bringing it up. However, in this case I do believe it fits. Anyone who would make a statement like that is obviously racist even though he did point to the fact hat he was using a broad brush. The point is too many broad brushes are used about people in general, their race, ethnicity, politics, etc.

      • http://folkartist.wordpress.com Libertytrain

        ms karolyn, you too have used that broad brush to describe people. It doesn’t have to be any one word used – such as racist and the left uses that word in particular for everything so the right is fighting back….and pointing out the bigotry expressed by the left.

      • JUKEBOX

        Obama will probably the white part of his DNA for his shortcomings.

      • http://none Claire

        Geez–I see some things never change. Seems there is no end to the hate in this world.

      • http://folkartist.wordpress.com Libertytrain

        Claire – it’s been like this since time began….no reason to expect a change now. No one is immune.

    • http://liberty Tony

      To gottaplenty:
      That’s ridiculous making that statement ” when has a black own up to wrong doing”. How would you like it if i said ” when has a good ole’ boy or gal from the Tea Party own up to wrong doing”? Think before making such foolish remarks!!

      • JUKEBOX

        O.J., Charlie Rangel, or Al Sharpton all claimed they never did anything wrong.

    • http://yahoo Rocco

      I would answer you, but I learned a long time ago not to argue with drunks or idiots.

  • nick beck

    what a golden opportunity for a SHARP atty. WITH INTEGRITY to defend zimmermann and go after nbc and all others that COMPROMISED zimmermann and this whole case… i would not mind being an atty. at this time..

  • Gary L

    The big problem here is every one is trying to judge what happened when they don’t know all the facts, including our Divider In Chief. Why should it matter what color skin these two people had. According to Zimmerman, Martin was walking around in the rain in the middle of the night. On top of that Zimmerman confronted him after being told not to.
    If Zimmerman had only followed in his car and not confronted him perhaps Martin would not have started whipping his ass. At that point, no matter what else surely Zimmerman would do anything to stop his assault. Especially in the media.What we need the most here is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Sadly, the truth is an like an endangered species these days.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000182806261 Larry

    I hope the people black americans and white americans awake up before al sharpton, j.jackson and obama gets their wish for a race riot.

  • Kerry

    Anyone out there remember what the Italians did to Mussolini and wife when they finally had enough? I think, since Obama is an illegal alien, in office by fraud, trampled the Constitution as does his fag hag wife(yes Barack is queer, see Larry Sinclair the Pakistani who did crack and sex with Barack), I see deaths of two coming soon on a tv near you, if we are lucky!

    • Karolyn

      Yes, be the good little conservative and advocate for violence!

      • Average Joe

        I suppose you felt the same way about Hitler,Stalin, Mao etc….all they really needed was just a slight scolding …right? “Alright guys, you’ve been naughty, let’s have no more of that!”
        Yes, I believe that would have worked……..

        The only thing tyrants understand…is force.Violence begets violence…period.
        As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

      • Karolyn

        Two wrongs don’t make a right. Making reference to the possible slaying of the President and his wife is totally uncalled for and unAmerican.

      • Average Joe

        Once again….I suppose you felt the same way about Hitler,Stalin, Mao etc

      • Karolyn

        I do not agree with the death penalty for anyone, Joe, especially by hanging, behading or any of the other uncivilized means. In actuality, the death penalty is a reward, since the spirit is freed from the hell of this world; and the spirit does live forever. It’s all about vengeance, which solves nothing.

      • 45caliber

        Karolyn:

        I disagree with your belief about the death penalty. There may be some who want vengence (the family of the victim perhaps) but most people don’t. Have you ever served on a criminal jury? Did you want vengence against the criminal? The reason most people are executed is that the jury believes they are too dangerous to be allowed near other people, whether in the prison or not. They do not believe based on past experience of the criminal that anything can be done to rehabilitate him. He is simply a killer, a rogue. You can’t even allow this type of person to be around other criminals or guards since he is quite likely to attack them. Even animals kill rogues to protect the rest of their species. Would you deny humans the same chance?

      • Average Joe

        We all have to die sometime. The only difference is the when and the how.
        Now, you don’t think that it is ok to take anothers life (unjustfiable) and you think that those who commit murder, should be locked up and have the public (you and me) pay for their keep until they die of natural causes? Where is the justice ( not revenge) in that? Seems to me that the public at large are being punished for their (murderer’s) misdeeds…. rather than the murderer. An eye for an eye…if you take a life (murder), you forfiet your life. It is a simple solution. If it is known that you will pay the ultimate price (your life) for your act…are you not more likely to reconsider those actions more carefully? We didn’t used to have such rampant killings in this country…until most of the states outlawed Captial Punishment. Some of these guys sitting in prison see this as free room and board, with medical, dental and a liftime supply of sympathy from folks who think they are rehabiliting a “Lost Soul”.

        However, the subject of this conversation was your comment about it being “UnAmerican” for someone to wish death upon the ruler of a nation (USA), whether it is America or any nation. A tyrant is a tyrant no matter which nation he or she rules over. To ignore the fact that someone is not looking out for the interests of their nation, but rather looking at destroying the foundation of that nation…..is to be Un-Patriotic and in this case…UnAmerican. To tear down the sovereignty of a nation through use of political or militaristic means…is Treason and death isn’t a severe enough penatly…IMHO.

    • mark

      He does “obama” look a lot like a [offensive words removed]!

    • Rick

      I remember but it was his mistress not his wife. If we could do it I would donate the rope and tar and feathers.

  • mark

    Cant anybody clearly see what this president is doing to us. He must go down!

  • mark

    DOWN WITH OBAMA!!!!

  • Jon

    Commenting on the last sentence in the article– Obama will never quit. Why should he? No matter what facts, opinions, or ideas are brought out this year, all he has to do is promise “a chicken in every pot, a Chevy in every garage, and a lottery ticket in every wallet” and the idiot masses will vote for him. Two out of three Americans would take the handout if offered $5 and a Big Mac today in exchange for a life term in prison, starting tomorrow. And that is exactly what’s happening. I pray daily for my [lost] country, while keeping my powder dry.

    • 45caliber

      Jon:

      His real promise is: A raise in your welfare check and free medical care so you will have more money left for drugs.

  • Bob in Dallas

    Since the President thinks he’s guilty, he might as well just take him out. After all, he is the judge, jury, and executioner these days. Why waste time on those expensive, needless trials. It would be in the best interest of the greater good…NOT!

    • Warrior

      That’s for next week. Last week he was the flexible ‘gumby in chief”. This week he is the “substitute constitution teacher in chief.” Barack er Borat er what’s the difference?

  • By George

    Comrade Obama

    There is an old saying: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.” If we change one word, ‘fool’ to ‘traitor’, than comrade Obama (peace be upon him) has certainly accomplished violating that simple truth. He doesn’t care though! It’s not a rule he would live by anyway.

    Open mic’s can often be detrimental to one’s health. When Ronald Reagan, standing at an open mic testing the system before a speech, called the Soviet Union the “evil empire – let the bombing begin”, the “left” went berserk, claiming that we would soon be driven into war and that Reagan’s comments represented a political gaffe of the highest order sure to ruin our world relations and tantamount to a declaration of war without consent of the Congress, etc., etc., etc. A few short years later, the Soviet Union was gone, swept away into the dust heap of other failed political causes. Reagan survived and so did America.

    Comes now the political weakling Comrade Barak Hussein Obama, (peace be upon him) caught on an open mic sniveling to Russia president Dmitry Medvedev, begging him to cut him (Obama) some slack until after his re-election when he would then be free to sell the store, as it were, without further political interference from the American electorate. How’s that working for us? Our president, comrade Obama, (peace be upon him) by his own words, is exposed to all as the domestic enemy he is already known to be.

    Medvedev, at the nuclear security summit in South Korea, where Obama’s perfidy was revealed to the world, in his closing remarks called Comrade Obama “My colleague” with whom “I have once again had a constructive discussion of the various issues on the international agenda and on bilateral cooperation…” Medvedev then said, “These have perhaps been the best three years in relations between our two countries over the last decade.”

    But, the American commentariat, aka: the Democrat(ic) Party propaganda network, except for mentioning the obvious, let the issue die like they did our leader’s educational accomplishments, his natal origins, his faith, his multiple SS Numbers, indeed, even helping obscure those issues while our comrade ruler merrily goes about his way trashing our Constitution, waging his own war (Libya), ignoring others (the student uprisings in Iran), throwing our allies to the wolves, i.e.: Poland, Czech Republic, Georgia (the other one), Egypt, and Israel.

    Today, 2 April 2012, under his rulership, a North American Leaders Summit will get underway in Washington, DC to inflict other odious political schemes upon us designed to ruin America as we know it. The conference is a plan to unite the United States, Mexico and Canada into one united political confederation to provide us security (a police state), energy (rationing), and climate change (regulation). One wonders where the Fast and Furious criminal enterprise conducted by Comrade Obama’s US Attorney General, will end up. Despite all efforts by the American Commentariat, that issue won’t seem to go away. The unconstitutional issue of Obamacare is already facing, one hopes, its own Armageddon.

    I cannot envision a prison big enough to contain all the criminals that compose the corps of Comrade Obama’s administrative apparatus now entrenched in our governments bureaucracy. This coming November 6th is the most important date in our history. It is the last possible date we can decisively remove Comrade Obama from his goal of destroying America. Remember, Freedom is the goal, The Constitution is the way. Go get ‘em! (02 April 20112)

    • Average Joe

      Well spoken, thank you!

    • Warrior

      George – The prison is called chicago and we had a whole bunch of inmates escape over the past several years and the suspicion is these career criminals were spotted in a cesspool out east called DC? A couple of them have been transferred back and have fulfilled positions as city warden and university of chicago lacky’s. When caught, they should be returned My recommendation is if confronted by one put your hood up.

  • Tom Cook

    Brilliant column. Great idea. obongo doesn’t have the G-2 to understand what you recommend.

  • sabulaman

    Repeal Obamacare, and Homeland Security.

  • ranger hall

    When the Good People DO nothing,The Criminals walk free.
    Less see a wrongful death in Afganistan and Iraq use to be 1-3 thousand per head, Now i understand its up to 50 thousand, Amazing what price we put on life,
    I understand some people are already making Profit. Even the Family from this death, wonder who will get the MOST. Black or White.
    Who really cares about Honest Justice, Always comes down to The Money.
    He who makes the Most Wins.
    Seems like everyone trys to feed off the Kill,The strong gets more, the weak get less.

  • LAB

    Repeal our GOVERNMENT!

    • Average Joe

      I second that motion!

  • sandi jones

    Several yrs ago my husband was tag teamed by 2 black youths. One ran and I mean ran into him and the other one tried to grab his wallet. My husband grabbed that one and flung him face first into a brick wall. The grocery store manager saw it and we were concerned that the parents could come back on us since they were minors. The police said they couldn’t it was an attempted robbery. I am sick of race being used as a cop out. The law is the law. I wasn’t there I don’t know what happened but, I’ll tell you this I don’t care how old or young you are if I perceive you as a threat to me or my family I will do whatever is necessary. By the way, what are kids doing out after dark? There isn’t anything but trouble these days after dark. We’ve got kids killing kids, adults. Where are the parents and furthermore if you want to dish it out, be prepared to take the consequences. We all have our opinions however, we weren’t there and you sure can’t trust the media these days. Has anyone heard of the term propaganda? Check it out

  • Wyatt

    To the guy who saw no blood , Zimmerman was wearing a red shirt . Blood doesn’t always show on red viewed on camera and film was reportedly doctored by MSNBC . As a news reporting service , their job is to do one thing , Report The News nothing else . The shameful practice of sensationalizing events , giving opinion in order to to sway the view one way or another has to be halted . The editorials that MSM seems so fond of is nothing more than mind control games of liberals who believe that the American People can not form an opinion on any subject .

    And as the event in question occured a month prior to the sudden national coverage of the event and Barry Obooboo’s sticking his two cents in and the agents of racism , Al “I hate white folks”Sharpton and Jessie “the hatemonger” Jackson decided to chime in , this was nothing more than a local story . I have seen nothing other than the initial story of the two British tourists killed by a black youth on MSNBC , nor have I seen Barry , Al or Jessie saying anything about it . What does that tell anyone with basic intelligence about where this country is headed . And all because we have a leader who hates the very people he was elected to lead .

    Sadly , there are ignorant voters who will again vote for this miserable excuse and call people who don’t racist . Take a look and see racism , it is in the White House and the Democratic Party .

  • WILDFIRE460

    Why wrote – “Most people with something more going for them besides racial bias would want to see this situation investigated. So please do enjoy not only your well earned “bowl of stupid” that you are wearing but also your shiny bigot (“a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices”*) badge.”

    @Why – You address “Average Joe” as lacking “civility” and label his comment of “eating a bowl of stupid” as being “racially biased and further claim him to be a bigot due to a comment by which you yourself used.

    First off, stupidity has no racial bias, it can apply to any race of person. Secondly, you go on to try to cook up an illusion of bigotry based on a comment of ones stupidity. then go on to use his same term deemed by you to be racially biased and bigoted and have the audacity to lay claim to him “lacking civility” but your name calling and judgement holds complete tolerance towards the one you are addressing. Its more like the “pot calling the kettle black”, than it is a civil response.

    • Why

      Dear Wildfire460,

      Average Joe (AJ) was feeling more than a bit annoyed with Robert Smith’s continually asking what would any reasonable human being do in Martin’s situation. I fussed because AJ’s comment lacked civility and seemed more a directed personal attack rather than stating an annoyance. AJ at least got the joke when he returned my closing to me as his closing.

      AJ’s comments to me were hardly stupid…you might argue that his comments were just not as well thought out as could be, but, I found them certainly understandable. Furthermore, I appreciated AJ’s comments to me as it showed what his difficulties were regarding certain viewpoints and allowed for a brief exchange of ideas. I did take the time to clarify why I was not answering certain questions that he asked. I wanted him to know I was taking him seriously but the questions were not related with regard to what my issue is with the whole Martin/Zimmerman media affair. Hence, that was simply redirecting my answer to the real issue and not distractions. His questions would have led to tangential discussions apart from the issue. And I do not think he meant to ask them for that purpose but rather to make a rhetorical point.

      There is a US centric racial attitude regarding Blacks and Whites. It shows itself in the various blogs here and the moderators have not to date taken a direct stand against it. It continues to show itself in how the police act in given situations. There is an assumption about being Black in The States which is negative in its connotation. There is also an assumption about being White in The States which is equally negative in its connotation. When the best that Black leadership and White leadership can obtain is that they can agree to disagree- our society becomes tainted not with the myth of the melting pot but rather the specter of racism and divide.

      Oh, and in case you missed what is my issue with the whole Martin/Zimmerman media spectacle: I think the local police did an inadequate investigation of the shooting and that this in turn created the whole spectacle. All the other players in the scene are just at best distractions and otherwise various pieces of flotsam.

      Now as regards your convoluted and possibly contrived diatribe, what!?

  • Marcia176

    “virtually every Democrat worth his weight in fraudulently cast ballots shifted his gaze from his beloved savior to joining the Zimmerman lynch mob.” I challenge anyone from your organization to show me a thread of truth to the above statement. Voter fraud is a story the right wing has made up to disenfranchise people who are poor and would have trouble getting the proper ID. You can use a gun permit but not a student ID in Texas to vote. That says it all.

    • old hillbilly

      Student IDs are randomly given to illegal aliens and terrorists. A gun permit says you have a gun & know how to use it to protect yourself & country! Texas, as usual, has it right!

    • txphilsr

      The CHL ID issued in TX is only given to applicants who provide 2 passport photos, a court overseen set of fingerprints and pass a FBI criminal background check. Of course there are other requirements, but these are the ones that establish idenity. The license issued
      by the state is hitech and difficult to copy.
      The student ID’s may or may not have a photo, are issued by hundreds, if not thousands of different schools, each with its own rules, don’t require prints and don’t check info against a criminal backgroud.
      Which one do you think is a more positive proof of who a person is?

  • Average Joe

    For those who have come to my defense today, THANK YOU!

    I think that those on the left are used to being on sites like MSNBC where there liberal comments are tolerated (regardless of how nasty or hateful they are) while conservative views are “collapsed” by the community or banned for a period of time for simply stating the obvious. They are used to having their opinions published, while supressing anything they don’t agree with. They are not used to being on a board where others actually speak their minds…without sugar coating every word…so as not to hurt their feelings…..without the sugar coating, it is hard for them to swallow. Remember, to them…..everyone s a winner…there are no losers ( unless you happen to disagree with them, in which case,YOU are a loser). They read their stories with reverence and take every word as Gospel….I mean after all the media wouldn’t have an agenda….would they? (Hint: Sensationalism sells newspapers and generates a lot of advertizing $$). So, they come here, spout their MSM talkijng points….an then have the audacity to cry foul…when someone…in plain language…calls them on the issue or points out the they are obviously an idiot….or completely misinformed at best. The party of toleranceand understanding? I think not…… Maybe the least tolerant, closed minded and thin-skinned human beings on the planet.

  • s c

    Like it or not, utopians, it will get worse. Then again, it SHOULD get worse. We have a false ‘God’ in the W H, we have lots of losers in Congress and even the Supreme Court has its fair share of first-class LOSERS.
    Obummer, just think of this as the first installment in a long series of comeuppance ‘hints’ from the American people.
    Chicago NEEDS people like you. Chicago DESERVES people like you. America deserves LEADERS. We can get overpaid, arrogant con artists ANYWHERE (and for a lot LESS money).

    • Warrior

      I wonder, does the “constitution” apply when you throw “boat loads” of money at the “states”? In the “substitute teacher in chiefs” opinion, he just has to select lawyers for SCOTUS that he is smarted than. Obviously not too difficult to find!

  • Trust in God

    Why wasn’t any one concerned about the 13 year old white boy that had gasoline throwned all over his body, and then set on fire. By 2 black teens. by the white boy’s front
    door.
    I didn’t hear the boys parents yelling racist . or put a boundy on the 2 black boys .
    MLK, had a dream, but seems alot of people out there don’t believe in his dream.
    If you did believe in it you would not be acting like the old racial blacks in the 50′s and 60′s

    This is 2012, get over the slavery, racist, and lets live as brothers and sister’s as MLK would like us to and the Man high above us all. seems alot of people forgot the bible version, we are all brothers and sisters. love thy self as you love others. seems these people that has alot of hate don’t love themselfs. let it be him first to cast a stone that has no sins.. All I can say is shame on OBAMA, and all the people marching, as a rasist group.

  • James

    Seems to me in all the back and forth that many people think the dispatcher told Zimmerman NOT to follow Martin.
    Here is the actual wording (not NBC’s ‘edited’ version):
    “This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something,” Zimmerman tells the 911 operator. “He’s just staring, looking at all the houses. Now he’s coming toward me. He’s got his hand in his waistband. Something’s wrong with him.”

    Zimmerman described Martin as wearing a hoodie and sweatpants or jeans. He continues: “He’s coming to check me out. He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. Can we get an officer over here?”

    “These assholes always get away,” he says to the operator. Zimmerman is then heard giving directions to the dispatcher. “(expletive deleted), he’s running,” Zimmerman says.

    “Are you following him?” the dispatcher asks.

    “Yes,” Zimmerman responds.

    “We don’t need you to do that,” the dispatcher says.

    We don’t NEED you to do that……(that is not at all like the dispatcher told told him NOT to do that). I think that leaves a lot of leeway, especially if you are a neighborhood watch person, and there were many burglaries in the neighborhood, and this guy who you spoted starts running (which is very suspicious just by itself). I would say Yeah, well since he is running until you cops get here I’m gonna watch this guy……

  • ToeTagTunny

    Well anyway.. For those who are curious.. Here’s the enhanced version of the arrest:

  • ToeTagTunny

    Damn!! Forget that link (somebody slipped one on me in the dorm).. Here’s the actual link:

    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/george-zimmerman-enhanced-video-shows-injury-trayvon-martin-16053206

    • Average Joe

      Thanks, it certainly looks like a gash on the back of his head to me……

  • old hillbilly

    We’re missing the race baiter’s symbolism. A “hoodie” represents a subculture that’s engaged in gangsta rap that glorifies killers & cop killers, and clings to just about every other “gangsta” perversion. The hood conceals personal identity – a sign of a real bad dude who’s hell bent on theft, pain, and destruction! It’s a symbol of those who terrorize the very poor black ghettos, where good folks either hide, submit, or die. It’s “cool” for the gangsters, but absolute hell for the millions of people trapped by poverty & circumstance, in areas where government provides zero protection for decent people. If you don’t learn to hate you can’t survive!

    Jackson & Sharpton are using deception to incite riots and government does NOTHING! When tempers explode, their matches burn and destroy what little the residents have – stores, homes, whatever! That’s progress, as in “progressive”! When nothing is left to destroy, the race baiters will move on to new victims seeking the power make “things” happen!

    Of the trillions spent by government to “help citizens in need”, none went to real opportunity for the entrapped victims? Cash, food, clothes, a place to sleep… does nothing to establish self sufficiency, pride, and a purposful life! Runaway crime means zero opportunity! A black and white hoodie culture of hate is a one way ticket to hell.

    In this case, the idiots in charge are dividing and polarizing Hispanics and blacks, demanding the lynching of the Hispanic, who happens to be half white just like the half white president who looks black! The frenzy is insane! Did a black teenager put on a “hoodie” to be big, mean, and untouchable. Did he feel put down by a lowly white brown man who wasn’t afraid of the hoodie symbol… decide to beat him senseless, maybe kill…? But, white brown man wasn’t ready to die and the “hoodie” wasn’t bulletproof… and Result – two lives destroyed… one dead and the other traumatized for life!

    Honor God, not a dumb symbol of robbery, mayhem, and death (hoodie)!

    • Marciaj176

      Or, a hoodie could mean that someone wants to be dry, or warm, or just likes the look, like about most of America under the age on 30.

      • old hillbilly

        Marciaj – must agree with the fact that many white and black under 30 “like” the hoodie look and the attention it gets from over 30 people. Have you listened to the “rappers” and trash that wear and are the substance of the hoodie symbol? Is their word their bond? They hate the Constitution, due process of law, property rights, freedom of speech & religion, the millions of military & police who protect those rights… and on the other hand demand those same rights in order to steal the freedom and property of everyone else! They foment fear, not peace or harmony. They represent pain and pillage!

        A cloth hoodie doesn’t shed cold rain or cool sweaty bodies on hot nights. It’s the idol of fear and uncontrollable rage, should you disrupt or dishonor it. It’s a perverse version of Superman’s cape! If Al & Jessie really believe in it, let them demonstrate their invincibility by putting their hoodie on & jumping off the Empire State building before CNN & NBC cameras! Wear it and let the rage foment until the disrespect it represents spills in the streets. If you’re 6 ft. tall and smashing my head on a sidewalk, you’ll have many holes in you if I can get a finger on the trigger – and I’ll call the cops instead of running!

        Revisit the Arab Spring or any of the various US riots. The excitement of “change” and togetherness is a blueprint of hell – burning your city and killing your fellow man, woman, and child… transforming everything these idiots and their forefathers created for a better life – gone up in flame and smoke. It’s a mentality of absolute destruction – not one building a better place to sleep or planting a seed to feed the old or impaired.

        Raise the children to respect hoods & they’ll be hoods… and; you, they, and everyone else shall reap the chaos they sow! God doesn’t help nations that won’t help themselves!

  • Weseeyou

    The boy, the man, the incident…all obscures the fact that we have a man who has shamed America, brought our nation to it’s knees in too many ways to mention; uses incidences that are to “his favour” or those that he disagrees with using a media that now has no credibility because of their mainstream extreme bias and leftist tilts. This man has never been proven to even be American; he’s half and half yet strokes the memory of this 19 year old who could’ve been someone like a son. Well that may not have been so IF Obama had made it with a white woman; this victim then would’ve been perhaps, white? No, this is going nowhere. What we need to focus on is how Obama is tearing apart our nation piece by piece from within and in the eyes of the world. He is no leader of the United States but actually a destroyer who has the grip of a world power leader. It’s been shown over and over thousands of times HOW Obama has failed this nation yet there are truly fanatic progressive liberal socialist ignorant people (and many who are highly educated but either not seeing the “BIG LIES” or want to see our country, like Obama and his kind, fall apart.) The LARGE PICTURE HERE IS THAT WE HAVE AN HONEST TO GOD TRAITOR who is against us being the world leader in peace and other good parts that we are known for with humankind. He defies the Constitution, defies Congress, defies the wishes of the people, has brought us down closer to becoming more of a Third World Country, not one that has been known for all the good it’s done for so many. Instead, Obama praises, bows and apologizes to those who are hurting America. He is the most dangerous traitorous and probably fake president this nation has ever known. We wont be called America anymore if this man keeps the reigns. Obama has shown he has NO CONSCIENCE whatsoever and obvious distain for the United States of America. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if he infuriated the military here to the point of them not only resenting him but forcing him out of office militarily like other countries that Obama so admires, has done and is currently doing. Tell me exactly what GOOD has this man done to raise up the morale and confidence in any sector of this country! How about it’s “Defense System” for protection? This “man” who never spent a day in his life in Boot Camp; studied Socialism; studied Islam, studied with an anti-American, anti-semitic Reverand and is associated with former criminals; steals from the people, (of course lies), has had more parties, trips and pleasurable experiences (his family and his friends), than all presidents combined and we are still going spiraling downwards as a nation. He pretty much thinks he’s a God, just like most dictators do. Just pray too, that the damage Obama has done can be reversed in the long run. Too many are so frightened, instead of respect him, that it’s pathetic!

    • Deerinwater

      “…all obscures the fact that we have a man who has shamed America, brought our nation to it’s knees in too many ways to mention;”

      Yea, I’ve noticed that it’s rare to mention the actually deed that bring forward so many such changes.

      “Just being too many to mention” has make this sitting president of being guilty of everything under the sun. He’s a domestic terrorist, you know?

  • Charley

    Marciaj 176;

    Nice try Marcia; but I’m not buying it; when I see ANYONE running around in a “hoodie” when it’s 75 degrees F. out side, I know I’m either looking at someone who is terminal stupid, or is planning on doing a crime, (or probably both)

    Old Hillbilly, you hit the nail squarely on the head ! I can almost guarantee you that there are not 3 people posting on this forum that remember the bind that the “reverend” Al Sharpton got himself into in NYC about 20 years back when he “masterminded” the infamous Tawanda Brawley “affair”, which I might add, blew up in his face and nearly got him thrown in jail for conspiracy. Not that Jesse Jackson has a “spotless” reputation either, but he continues to be the world’s most successful (and prosperous) professional “race baiter”.

    And “By George”……….I’m very impressed ! That was a very well written reply ! I couldn’t agree more.

    The thing that troubles me about this forum though, is the almost complete lack of “moderation”; on any other forum, the likes of “Joba”, “Eddie”, Neil Swan and Robert Smith would be considered merely as “trolls”, and would be dealt with as trolls should be dealt with……….with an application of the “super-gluer-soaker”, (a very effective treatment for trolls)

    • http://folkartist.wordpress.com Libertytrain

      it’s called Personal Liberty – not Huffington Post – you’re allowed to post here even if you are a “troll” or don’t agree unlike the other sites – however the trolls are a good reminder of how phony and how “do as I say not as I do” the lib left really is —- :)

  • Donald York

    With Obamas race hounds inciting the blacks, Sharpton, Jackson, New black panther party, among black members of congress, George Zimmerman will undoubtally be a hunted man.Will justice pervail in this matter? Most probably not.

Bottom
close[X]

Sign Up For Personal Liberty Digest™!

PL Badge

Welcome to PersonalLiberty.com,
America's #1 Source for Libertarian News!

To join our group of freedom-loving individuals and to get alerts as well as late-breaking conservative news from Personal Liberty Digest™...

Privacy PolicyYou can opt out at any time. We protect your information like a mother hen. We will not sell or rent your email address to anyone for any reason.