The Sequester Is Balderdash, Tax Revenue At Record Highs, Colorado Lawmakers Want Cops To Stop Shooting Puppies And Britain’s Universal Ill-Health: Tuesday Morning News Roundup 3-5-2013
March 5, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- The sequester happened; now the government will be crippled and all hell will break loose. Actually, Federal agencies posted 400 job openings on Monday.
- Also, on the eve of sequestration, the Transportation Security Administration sealed a $50 million deal to purchase new uniforms for its agents.
- Agents of the Secret Service charged with protecting America’s elected royalty also will not be cut.
- And we all know military spending is sacrosanct. Even when the Defense Department is spending $1.5 million cooking beef jerky.
- Oh, by the way, tax revenues are also expected to hit record highs this year at around $2.7 trillion. Still think lack of money is the government’s problem?
- Lawmakers in Colorado tired of cops shooting innocent dogs all of the time will introduce a bill requiring all law enforcement to take dog encounter training.
- In Britain, universal healthcare has evidently had a negative impact on the overall health of the population; early death and disease are on the rise.