Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Israeli officials are (again) saying that Iran has crossed “the red line” and must be blasted to smithereens.
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is beginning to look a lot like a Democrat with some of his recent policy initiatives, especially with regard to gun control. The Governor also began his week praising President Barack Obama, who he says “has kept every promise he’s made” about helping his State recover from Superstorm Sandy.
- So this is what’s happening with the money we’ve been printing? The New York Times reports the CIA has been buying American influence with Afghan president Hamid Karzai “with bags of cash” — to the tune of tens of millions of dollars.
- Former boxer Mike Tyson owes millions of dollars in back taxes, but he still says he loves paying taxes and thinks Obamacare will save him money. Is anyone else wondering why in the hell “Fox and Friends” was talking politics and taxes with Tyson?
- Congressional Democrats who failed to grab your guns earlier this month promise the issue’s not dead. Look for Federal gun-control legislation to be reintroduced later in the 113th Congress, with a more organized sales job for low-information voters.
- During the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, Obama offered this gem of a joke: “Now, look, I get it. These days, I look in the mirror and I have to admit, I’m not the strapping young Muslim socialist that I used to be. Time passes. You get a little gray.”
* Ben Bullard contributed to this report.