The Obamacare Fiasco
August 14, 2013 by Bob Livingston
Obamacare— aside from being a deathcare trap that locks you into a system of medicine that treats symptoms rather than providing cures; doses you down in pharmaceuticals that often do more harm than good and cause more symptoms that must be treated by more pharmaceuticals; limits your treatment options; and was written by the medical-industrial complex to ensure a steady stream of new customers and guaranteed payment from government coffers— is fraught with little nuggets showing that the whole system as designed is a huge fiasco. And it probably is the biggest fraud perpetrated on the American people since Social Security:
- The IRS, which was recently uncovered to be sharing private data of Tea Party group members and conservative political donors, is in charge of compiling and securing data on all Americans and ensuring compliance.
- Security testing for the Obamacare database, entrusted to the aforementioned and obviously criminal IRS, is months behind schedule and won’t be completed before Obamacare kicks in this fall.
- IRS employees, tasked with overseeing Obamacare, have asked to be exempted.
- That promise “If you like your current health plan, you can keep it,” was a lie.
- Congress and Congressional staff have been exempted, meaning what’s good enough for you isn’t good enough for them.
- Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is shaking down companies the HHS might regulate.
- Despite the delay in implementation of the employer mandate (an unConstitutional action by Obama fiat), employer fines will continue to grow at rates far greater than inflation.
- Employers are increasingly resorting to part-time workers to avoid Obamacare fines.
- Young people, considered the linchpin of the Obamacare Ponzi scheme because they will be paying into the system but using few of the benefits, are learning what it’s going to cost them and are saying they want no part of it.
- It is causing insurance premiums to rise exponentially.
- The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates employers will pay around $106 billion in penalties between 2014 and 2022 for not meeting the law’s insurance requirements. That’s $106 billion employers won’t have for growing their businesses and creating more job opportunities.
- The “Cadillac tax” provision included in the bill is going to send more cities, already struggling with high-cost pension plans and insurance coverage for its employees, into bankruptcy.
- A rule establishing a maximum limit in the out-of-pocket expenses people may have to spend on their own health care will be delayed until 2015. This means those with chronic illnesses like cancer and severe disabilities may incur thousands of dollars a year in out-of-pocket expenses.
- More Americans than ever—a significant majority–oppose it.
- And hundreds of favored businesses and unions have received exemptions that aren’t available to everyone.
Other than that, what’s not to like? And oh yeah, Senator Harry Reid has as much as admitted the failure of Obamacare is a planned one. All the better to drive us toward a single payer socialist healthcare system.