The Benefits Of Natural Sea Salt
May 22, 2012 by Bob Livingston
Natural sea salt is the elixir of life and fundamental to the biological processes.
- It is a major component of blood plasma.
- It carries nutrients into and out of the cells.
- It helps the lining of the blood vessels to regulate blood pressure. (It is sugar that causes high blood pressure.)
- It helps regulate the propagation of nerve impulses.
- It helps the brain send communication signals to the muscles so the body moves and coordinates (sodium-potassium ion exchange).
- Very importantly, sea salt alkalizes the pH of the body, which is very important for total health.
- Adequate natural sea salt restricts the intake (desire) for fructose (sugar).
From the article “Critical Salt Information from Unconventional Wisdom” by Emma Ross London, March 12, 2011:
A low-salt diet may not be so healthy after all. Defying a generation of health advice, a controversial new study concludes that the less (sea salt) people eat, the higher their risk of untimely death.
The study, led by Dr. Michael Alderman, Chairman of Epidemiology at Albert Einstein School of Medicine in New York and President of the American Society of Hypertension, suggests that the U.S. government should suspend its recommendation that people restrict the amount of (sea) salt they eat.
The lower the sodium, the worse off you are.