Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- The much ballyhooed troop drawdown in Iraq was done by 2011 and became a major campaign asset for the re-election of President Barack Obama. Just one problem, there are still thousands of troops secretly in the country.
- The peace-loving President also gave the go-ahead today to deploy Patriot missiles and American forces to Turkey to “deal with threats that come out of Syria.”
- Good news for States’ rights as well as pot smoking residents of Washington and Colorado: The Obama says his Administration has “bigger fish to fry” than sending the Feds after users in the States that have declared marijuana legal.
- Delegates from the US, Britain and other countries took to the floor at a UN conference in Dubai to reject a treaty governing international phone calls and data traffic that was subversively being manipulated to provide U.N. Internet control.
- What happens when a nation ruins its economy with too much entitlement spending? Massive tax hikes on all citizens. Greeks earning more than €42,000 ($55,000) per year will now be taxed at a new top rate of 42 percent, under a major new tax reform bill submitted to the country’s parliament late Thursday.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.