Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- A lawmaker in Nebraska is trying to pass legislation that would forbid police drone spying.
- According to Gallup, the last year of President Barack Obama’s first term was the most politically polarized period in America to date.
- Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is urging Americans to practice “good cyber hygiene.”
- Throwback: NASA is digging the old Apollo 11 parts from 1969 out of the closet to come up with new ideas for space travel.
- Republican National Convention Chair Reince Priebus says that big changes are coming to the GOP in the next few years. If you’re hoping for a rebirth that involves less spending, smaller government and more libertarian values, don’t hold your breath.
- Inflation alert: Charles Shaw Wine, famous for relative drinkability and cheapness and nicknamed “Two Buck Chuck” wine, has increased in price in California for the first time in 11 years. The price per bottle has gone from $1.99 to $2.49.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.