Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has pledged to assist U.S. investigators as they break down the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombing.
- A narrative describing the two suspects in the Marathon bombing began to emerge as soon as police revealed the identities of the two men. Not all the accounts agree.
- Joe Berti of Texas was at the Boston Marathon’s finish line with his wife when the bombs went off. Then he was back home in Texas a couple of days later, driving down I-35 when a fertilizer factory blew its top. “I just want to get out of here and get away from all these explosions,” he said.
- Senator John McCain of Arizona is supporting the amnesty plan for immigrants living illegally in the U.S. because, “realistically, there is nothing we can do to induce them back to their country of origin.”
- Green thumbs in Cali are celebrating the counterculture “420” holiday Saturday like never before, with marijuana-themed farmer’s markets drawing people out to peruse an array of fresh, locally-grown herbs.