Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Piers Morgan says that when it comes to “smoking, drinking, guzzling sodas too big for them, you know, eating 16 Big Macs a day” Americans need a nanny state to keep them from being unhealthy.
- The 21 tax increases included in Obamacare total $1.058 trillion — double the original estimate of the new tax burden.
- Also, The Associated Press reports, “Applying for benefits under President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul could be as daunting as doing your taxes.”
- And Obamacare will even make it more expensive to take your dog to the vet.
- Bruce Carroll, an openly gay Tea Party member in South Carolina, announced in a blog post that he is “seriously considering” a run against Republican incumbent Senator Lindsey Graham in the Republican Primary in the 2014 Senate race. Even being gay, there’s little chance Carroll is less conservative than Graham.
- Marijuana could become an international export crop for Colorado and Washington, as officials in Copenhagen, Denmark, consider legalizing the drug and importing it from the States. Bet the Feds won’t like that.
- The annual conservative gathering known as CPAC is coming up, stay tuned for live updates from Personal Liberty staff.