People Getting Dumber, High Tax Advocate In Arrears, Federal Reserve Calamity And More States Fight For Gun Rights: Tuesday Morning News Roundup 2-19-2013
February 19, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- According to a leading geneticist, humans are getting dumber and dumber.
- Pittsburgh leaders are seeking a Homeland Security grant to purchase a new hovercraft for River Rescue crews.
- There are reports that Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza may have been trying to outdo Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian man who killed 77 people in July 2011.
- U.S. Federal Reserve officials fear a backlash from paying billions of dollars to commercial banks when the time comes to raise interest rates.
- Senator Mary Landrieu (D-La.) argued during a Capitol Hill hearing that the government needs to raise taxes on Americans. Meanwhile, the Democrat owes $1,206.95 in back taxes on a home in the District of Columbia.
- More States are joining the fight against draconian Federal gun laws by considering the Firearms Freedom Act.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.