Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Schools in Marietta, Ga., have added “panic buttons” which can be worn around teachers’ necks to its schools in response to the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
- Attention rabbit hunters: The North Carolina Division of Public Health and the State Wildlife Commission are urging hunters to be wary about rabbit fever after two hunters contracted it this month.
- Since POLITICO wrote an article criticizing the White House relationship with the press, it is reported the Presidential Administration has blacklisted the publication.
- On the heels of complaints revealed in the POLITICO story, President Barack Obama held an off-the-record meeting with top White House reporters on Thursday afternoon.
- Can targeted CIA killings take place on U.S. soil? They probably already have.
- Iran is “closer than ever” to the ability to build a nuclear bomb, Israel said on Thursday.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.