Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- There are questions about the direction of the Republican Party’s future. The difference between Senator Marco Rubio’s response to the President’s State of the Union address and Senator Rand Paul’s response is a good example of the divide.
- Senator Dianne Feinstein will hold a hearing on the assault weapons ban Feb. 27 to try to drum up more support for draconian gun laws.
- As George Orwell wrote in Animal Farm, “… some animals are more equal than others.” Kim Kardashian and Kanye West allegedly skipped through Transportation Security Administration checkpoints recently on the way to a flight at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- Secretary of State John Kerry called all the foreign ministers of countries that deal with North Korea following Monday’s nuclear test, but Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov won’t return his call.
- A State lawmaker in Georgia is so perturbed that someone used Photoshop to put his head on a porn star’s body that he now wants any kind of lewd Photoshopping to be banned.
- Taxpayers will send President Barack Obama on his second vacation of the year Friday aboard Air Force One for a Presidents Day weekend excursion to West Palm Beach, Fla.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.