Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- The trial of Private First Class Bradley Manning, 25, the military intelligence analyst accused of leaking intelligence documents, diplomatic cables and combat videos to Wikileaks begins today. Manning faces a possible life sentence without parole if convicted for the 2010 leak.
- An Internal Revenue Service employee in Cincinnati said during an interview with House Oversight Committee investigators that he/she believed that targeting of conservative groups came from Washington, not from a couple of “rogue agents.” Washington has been throwing Cincinnati under the bus, the IRS employee said.
- Al-Qaida military chief Qassim al-Rimi said in an audio message posted online Sunday that the Boston bombings reveal security flaws that Muslims should take advantage of to harm Americans with similar attacks.
- President Barack Obama officially proclaimed the month of June 2013 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride month.
- Howard ‘Bwhaaaaaa’ Dean said during a recent interview that conservative lawmakers like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are right-wing nut jobs who don’t care about America.
- More news from liberal paradise: Traffic to O’Hare airport in Chicago was so backed up this morning between about 6 a.m. and 7 that people were getting out of cars and walking from the interstate to the airport.