Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Despite a plague of scandals, a recent CNN poll finds that President Barack Obama’s approval rating is holding steady at 53 percent. Seventy-nine percent of respondents to the poll said they would describe the President as likeable. We’re guessing there probably weren’t too many Associated Press reporters or heads of conservative non-profit groups polled.
- Meanwhile, a study from the University of Arkansas claims to have determined that white Americans are more likely to see anger in the facial expressions of Obama than Americans of other races.
- Obama’s “most transparent Administration in history” has prosecuted more government leakers under the 1917 Espionage Act than all prior administrations combined. Now the Obama Justice Department has made clear: It views journalists who pursue leaks as criminals. So long, 1st Amendment.
- The Internal Revenue Service is stonewalling reporters seeking answers about the scandal it is involved. In some cases IRS officials have had police escort reporters in IRS buildings.
- Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus accused President Obama of building “an atmosphere of guerrilla warfare” which is partly to blame for the scandals now coming to light.