NRA Gets Blamed For More Shootings; Ron Paul Wants Obama To Thank Leaker; Congress Hearts The NSA; Go Go Gadget IRS Spycam!; Senate Staffers Waste Your Money; And More: Tuesday Morning News Roundup 6-11-2013
June 11, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- MSNBC host Martin Bashir blamed the National Rifle Association for the deaths of six people in a shooting rampage in Santa Monica, Calif.
- Former Representative Ron Paul said President Barack Obama should send Edward Snowden a “thank you letter” for bringing transparency to the Administration.
- Iran is enlarging its nuclear infrastructure with the eventual aim of developing an industry capable of building up to 30 bombs a year, an Israeli minister shrieked on Monday.
- A senior U.S. intelligence official says there are no plans to dial back the National Security Administration’s wide-scale surveillance program. One reason: Most of the Congress still cautiously supports it, despite public outrage.
- Your tax dollars are hard at work in Congress: The Senate Office of Education and Training offers many classes to workers in the Senate, including classes on sleeping, forgiveness, grammar, making small talk, sitting and time management.
- The Internal Revenue Service is soliciting vendors for Inspector Gadget-style surveillance equipment, including “Covert Coffee tray(s) with Camera concealment” and cameras that can be hidden in plants. They need it quick, though; the bidding ends in four days.