Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Today, the Senate will bombard President Barack Obama’s nominee for CIA director, John Brennan, with questions about targeted killings of U.S. citizens.
- North Korea is getting ready to test a new missile that may be capable of reaching the United States.
- Iran’s supreme leader Thursday rejected proposals for direct talks with the United States, leaving little hope for one-on-one dialogue on the nuclear standoff.
- Texas lawmakers have proposed anti-drone legislation that would be the toughest in the Nation.
- An 86-year-old Tennessee woman fended off an intruder to her home with a handgun.
- A Virginia bill is speeding through the State Legislature that would further weaken the Freedom of Information Act by reversing the notion that documents are “open unless closed.”
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.