Monday Morning News Roundup 12-17-2012
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Investors beware: The end of the year fiscal cliff drama is expected to cause volatile swings on Wall Street.
- President Barack Obama’s Sandy aid bill is full of pork. It includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice, $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in Washington.
- House Speaker John Boehner is offering to increase the debt ceiling in a fiscal cliff compromise.
- An independent report will be issued to the Department of State today to help officials better understand what happened in Benghazi, Libya, in September.
- With the fabled Mayan Apocalypse doomsday date just ahead, some people are preparing for the end of the world this week.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.