Monday Morning News Roundup 1-28-2013
January 28, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- President Barack Obama doesn’t want gun rights advocates to worry about his overhaul of gun control laws. Rest assured, the President said in a recent speech that he goes shooting “all the time” at Camp David and has “profound respect” for hunting. He also loves to hunt with murderous drones in nations we aren’t at war with.
- Because Congress evidently has nothing better to do, Senator Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) wants Beyonce to apologize for lip synching “The Star Spangled Banner.”
- CBS recently ran a segment urging Americans to “give up on the Constitution.”
- A Milwaukee sheriff is urging residents in his area to buy a gun because sometimes dialing 911 isn’t enough. In the ad, Sheriff David Clark says, “Simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option. You could beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. But are you prepared?”
- A Louisiana supermarket got in trouble with State officials for selling milk too cheap.
- Mississippi Republican State Representatives Gary Chism and Jeff Smith, both of Columbus, filed a bill this month to form the Joint Legislative Committee on the Neutralization of Federal Laws. The committee would work to consider which Federal laws should be nullified by the State.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.