Monday Morning News Roundup 1-21-2013
January 21, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Rapper Lupe Fiasco got thrown off the stage at a pre-inauguration concert late Sunday for criticizing the President. Fiasco told attendees that he didn’t vote for the President and criticized the ongoing Mideast wars before being escorted off stage by security.
- President Barack Obama, whose second inauguration is today, is reported to have had one of the lowest approval ratings of any post-World War II President. Only Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford fared worse than the President’s 49.1 percent job approval.
- A Harvard Medical School professor believes he can clone a Neanderthal, the early human ancestor that became extinct 33,000 years ago. But he says he needs “an adventurous human female” to carry the science experiment.
- The Obama Administration is nearing completion of a detailed counterterrorism manual that is designed to establish clear rules for targeted-killing operations but leaves open a major exemption for the CIA’s campaign of drone strikes in Pakistan, U.S. officials said.
- The crowd at Obama’s inauguration today is expected to be only one quarter of the size of the one four years ago.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.