Minutes Can Result In A Cleaner House
August 23, 2011 by UPI - United Press International, Inc.
OMAHA, Aug. 22 (UPI) — With parents trying to start the school year better organized, a U.S. cleaning company says handling quick chores a minute at a time can lead to a clean house.
The cleaning experts at The Maids say 30 seconds is longer than most people think, and in that amount of time a parent can prep a bowl of cereal for the kids, clean trouble spots or reduce clutter by:
– Preventing soap scum buildup in the shower with a few quick squirts of daily shower spray.
– Swipe the bathroom counter with a disinfectant wipe, clearing it of hairspray, toothpaste and soap scum.
– Shake out entryway rugs to rid them of excess dirt and minimize traipsing dirt throughout the house.
In 2 minutes, while the kids are brushing their teeth, a parent can:
– Gather stray clutter into a laundry basket. Just be sure to put everything in its proper place at a later time.
– Sweep high-traffic areas, like the entryway or bathroom floor.
– Spritz the bathroom mirror with glass cleaner and wipe dry with a microfiber cloth.
– Make your bed.
For those lucky people with a time windfall of 5 minutes, a parent can:
– Start a load of laundry.
– Wash the bathroom floor. Washing is easier because it has already been swept during the 2-minute hiatus.
– Wipe down kitchen counter tops.
– Sort through a pile of mail and toss/recycle the junk.