Recently, a State Department official quietly announced that the “War on Terror” had officially come to an end, but Americans are still subject to all of its implications.
Terror is now a commonplace theme in American life, used by the ruling class in the decade following September 11, 2001, to strip citizens of liberty and basic Bill of Rights protections.
Americans expect to hear about the “threat of a terrorist attack” and they expect to see drills that involve military vehicles patrolling their communities, even though such obvious militarization of the state has not always been the norm in this country. It has become the norm in other nations throughout history, with tyrannical circumstances.
In the name of safety, societies will do almost anything, even to the detriment of the individuals within; thinkers through the ages have warned us against the very nature of our new “safer” military state:
- “Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” — Benjamin Franklin’s statement was used as a motto on the title page of An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania (1759).
- “In some ways she [Julia] was far more acute than Winston, and far less susceptible to Party propaganda. Once when he happened in some connexion to mention the war against Eurasia, she startled him by saying casually that in her opinion the war was not happening. The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by the Government of Oceania itself, ‘just to keep people frightened’. This was an idea that had literally never occurred to him.” — George Orwell writes in his dystopian novel “1984.”
- “Over-grown military establishments are under any form of government inauspicious to liberty, and are to be regarded as particularly hostile to republican liberty.” — George Washington
- “This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears, he is a protector.” — Plato
- “If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” — James Madison
- “Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death.” — Adolf Hitler
There are countless other quotations warning of the dangers of allowing domestic military control to become the rule of the state out of fear.
But fear of terror still reigns in the United States. With the warming spring and summer months it appears that Americans throughout the country will witness terror drills conducted by local military and law enforcement agencies.
In May, the United States will invite airborne troops from Russia to hold joint anti-terror drills in Colorado. It will be the first time that the Russian airborne forces have held exercises with the U.S. airborne forces on the U.S. territory.
From Business Insider:
It’s worth noting the Russians will have access to U.S. military weapons training at the Army’s Fort Carson — “Home of America’s Best” — ahead of the scheduled May 24-31 drills. They’ll also be trained to understand and operate hardware used by U.S. forces in airborne missions including “parachuting, operation planning, reconnaissance, assault operations and evacuations by helicopter.”
If you live in Minnesota, don’t be alarmed if you receive an empty pill bottle in your mailbox on May 6. It is only a test — “Operation Medicine Delivery” — wherein the State’s Postal workers and law enforcement officials are practicing to deliver medicine to about 37,000 households in the event of an Anthrax attack. It’s a strategy that’s been studied nationally since 2004, but has not been tested full scale until now.
At Fort McClellan in Anniston, Ala., a government contractor is seeking people to act as role players in a “mass casualty exercise” on the base from May 8-13.
From an ad posted on Craigslist:
Military Mock simualted disaster role players
Government contractor is seeking individuals to act as role players to participate in a “mass casualty exercise” on the Ft McClellan military installation. Role players will participate in an exercise that will replicate civilians in the anniston area that have been injured during a disaster that is used in the scenario over 6 days. Role players will be medically treated during this exercise at numerous locations on Ft McClellan. The objective of this exercise is to train and assess medical units with regards to civilians that have been injured during a disaster.
It has been speculated by some highly respected intelligence officials that a fabricated crises will arise in the months leading up to the 2012 Presidential election. Some people believe the training exercises are extremely valuable and feel safer, others believe them to be propaganda efforts at best and, at worst, preparation for a false flag event.