Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Treasury Secretary Jack Lew told Congress that the Administration of President Barack Obama is “overachieving on deficit reduction,” and he defended Obama for submitting a budget that never balances.
- A November 2012 Wikileaks email dump points to former White House counterterrorism adviser and now-CIA chief John Brennan as the person behind the “witch hunt” for journalists reporting Obama Administration leaks.
- A little drunk on power? Nanny Mayor Mayor Michael Bloomberg reportedly accosted an NYC taxi boss in a private club and told him he would “destroy your fucking industry.”
- The 1,400 members of the Boy Scouts of America’s national council will hold a secret-ballot vote today to decide whether to allow openly gay young men to become Scouts.
- Fifty-six percent of American voters say their family will be worse off under the Affordable Care Act, and they think it would be better to go back to the pre-Obamacare health care system.
- Obamacare’s all about choice, right? Three major insurers are choosing not to participate in the Obamacare exchange program being set up for the “Covered California,” State-run insurance market. For consumers, that means fewer options and higher prices.