Watergate was a two-bit burglary by operatives for the Richard Nixon Administration who wanted to (depending upon which account you believe):
- Learn what dirt the Democratic Party had on their boss that might be used hurt his re-election chances.
- Learn what dirt the Democrats had on White House Counsel John Dean and whether they had compromising photos of Dean’s fiancé, Maureen Biner, who Watergate burglar G. Gordon Liddy claimed was one of the Democratic National Committee “call girls.”
- Determine the Democrats’ election strategy.
- Retrieve illegal surveillance devices planted in the headquarters of the Democrat National Committee.
- Some combination of the four.
The burglary became a scandal when Nixon was caught in the cover-up.
The Libya scandal is much worse, as Senator John McCain (Neocon-Ariz.) pointed out on Sunday. People actually died; four of them to be precise. One of them was the U.S. ambassador.
For weeks, Barack Obama Administration shills and Obama himself lied about the initial cause and the events of the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, blaming it on a spontaneous reaction to an amateurish and juvenile video that had been posted on YouTube months prior. We now know that is not the case.
This is what we do know:
- The U.S. State Department knew security at the Libyan consulate was inadequate and had repeatedly turned down requests to beef it up.
- The U.S. State Department knew that other Western consulates and embassies had been subjected to terror threats and attacks.
- The events were observed in real time at the White House.
- Requests for assistance once the attack commenced were ignored or denied.
- CIA Director David Petraeus is not the one who denied the assistance.
- Obama may have watched the events unfold live.
- Within minutes of the attack, the Obama Administration knew there was no demonstration and there was no mob outside the consulate prior to the beginning of hostilities.
- Those attacking the consulate were armed and backed by U.S. operatives or operatives from other countries at the behest of the United States during the overthrow of Moammar Gadhafi.
Some have said that the Libya scandal and cover-up should be the end of Obama’s Presidency. But the mainstream media seem to care not one whit about this President’s lies and/or his incompetence.
The mainstream media are whores pimping for the current lawless Administration. The President is shameless.