Let Sequestration Happen, DOJ’s Inside Joke, Going Postal, Regulation Nation And Socialism Sucks: Thursday Morning News Roundup 2-28-2013
February 28, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Even though Congress and the President continue to scream that the sky is falling, 37 percent of Americans think the sequestration cuts should be made.
- Here’s a good joke to get your day started: The Department of Justice is patting itself on the back for the government’s “significant improvements” in administering the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Ha, ha, ha.
- Be careful next time you go to the post office; Federal employees say that morale is low.
- Viva la socialism… or not so much. It seems that 10 months into his mandate, socialist French President Francois Hollande is the least popular French president in more than three decades.
- Last month, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo passed some of the strictest gun control laws in the Nation. Now, he’s making exemptions to the laws for Hollywood elite shooting films and television shows in his State.
- President and founder of Subway Fred Deluca described some of the challenges payroll tax increases and Obamacare have presented small-business franchisee owners Wednesday on CNBC. He said there are so many regulations now that he would be unable to open the restaurant chain he built in the 1960s.