Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- The Department of Justice’s white paper that outlines the Barack Obama Administration’s justification for ordering targeted drone strikes against American citizens has been leaked. Read it here.
- North Korea has released a creepy video of a fantasy missile attack on an unnamed U.S. city. The video is set to the music of Michael Jackson’s peace anthem “We Are The World.” Did we mention it’s creepy?
- If you thought you were in bad financial shape, consider this: The Zimbabwean government announced that it has just $217 in the bank. Of course, there’s a story (rather, a cautionary tale) behind that. Zimbabwe is a classic example of how fiat money can cause rampant hyperinflation.
- Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano may be eying a 2016 Presidential bid.
- As States lighten up on their pot laws, the Feds are looking at plans to put a hefty tax on recreational weed. There is also talk about legalizing industrial hemp.
- Anonymous has hacked the U.S. Federal Reserve and released login credentials and personal information belonging to 4,000 American banking executives.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.