Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Justice Department officials said Sunday that the agency is conducting a criminal investigation into the leak of classified information detailing the National Security Agency’s phone and Internet surveillance programs.
- Edward Snowden — the man claiming responsibility for a series of sensational leaks about U.S. spying programs — was revealed to have been holed up in a luxury hotel in Hong Kong.
- Lawyers in the George Zimmerman trial today will begin the process of selecting a 12-member jury in the case of the shooting of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla.
- President Barack Obama says Democrats “don’t want to tax all businesses out of business.”
- CBS News has uncovered documents that show the State Department may have covered up allegations of illegal and inappropriate behavior within their ranks.