Jimmy Johns Employee Chokes On Dare

0 Shares

KALAMAZOO, Mich., (UPI) — A worker at a Jimmy John’s sandwich shop in Michigan choked on sandwich meat as part of a dare and was revived by a police officer, authorities said.

The Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety said the worker attempted to swallow six pieces of Italian meat on a dare from a co-worker shortly before 10 p.m. Wednesday and the worker was blue and unresponsive when officers arrived, The Kalamazoo Gazette reported Thursday.

Officers said fellow employees unsuccessfully attempted the Heimlich maneuver on the choking worker before police arrived.

Police said Officer Keaton Nielsen was able to dislodge the airway obstruction, but the worker remained unresponsive and was not breathing. Nielsen gave the employee breathing assistance for about one minute until he was able to breathe on his own.

The worker was taken to Bronson Methodist Hospital for treatment.

UPI - United Press International, Inc.

Since 1907, United Press International (UPI) has been a leading provider of critical information to media outlets, businesses, governments and researchers worldwide.