Monsanto is the same company that manufactured DDT, Agent Orange, PCB, dioxin and aspartame. Cancer is being linked to PCB exposure. Thousands of U.S. soldiers as well as Vietnamese civilians have cancer because of being exposed to Agent Orange during the Vietnamese war. These people are suffering the horrible consequences of this chemical being sprayed in the jungles, leaching toxic and deadly chemicals into the water, soil and the air. Children are being born with birth defects, and thousands are dying of cancer caused by the exposure. There are many cover-ups and lies about these toxic effects. And no one wants to take responsibility for this travesty.
My best friend’s husband was exposed to Agent Orange during the Vietnamese war, and he is now 100 percent disabled with skin cancer on his arms. He routinely goes to the VA hospital to have the cancer removed. He has hundreds of scars and cannot work as a result of all the treatments. The government is responsible for taking care of the medical and disability needs of these veterans for the rest of their lives.
What Is GMO?
Genetically modified organisms (GMO) are plants that have been created in laboratories of companies such as Monsanto, Dow, DuPont and others. The process takes genes from one species and inserts them into another to get a different characteristic like resistance to chemicals such as Roundup®. The scientists must find ways to force the DNA from one species to another to genetically alter the DNA. They are putting fish genes into tomatoes and human genes into corn. In the lab a gene is introduced into the seed, which alters the genetic makeup of the seed. The farmers use this year’s seed to grow next year’s crops. The cycle has started, and everything is contaminated with this GMO because the pollen spreads for miles around an area. For example, if I plant a crop that is pure and my neighbor has a contaminated crop, my crop may also be contaminated. Nothing is pure anymore, and these GMOs may be killing us.
When Roundup is sprayed on crops, they resist the herbicide; the weeds die, but the crops don’t. Farmers love it because they may get a higher yield from their farms. On the other hand, the most frightening part of this process is that it is messing with Mother Nature and creating a freak-food that the body does not recognize as a food. Thus, many people are coming down with bowel disease such as diverticulitis, colitis and irritable bowel disorder. If you purchase junk food, snacks, bread, pasta, cake mixes, corn tortillas, corn chips, corn oil and syrup or any anything else made from corn, soy or cotton, you are usually consuming GMOs. It is estimated that consumers in the United States eat about 200 pounds of GMO foods per year.
I am very health conscious, so my husband and I grow most of our own food on our ¼-acre organic farm. But we still get GMO foods when we eat out, go to parties, family gatherings and purchase other food from the grocery store. We must be label readers and watch everything that goes into our bodies.
What Foods Are GMO?
- Many foods made with corn, soy, cotton, canola, sugar beets, Hawaiian papaya, zucchini and yellow squash, all produced in the United States.
- Many products produced from soy protein, soy lecithin, cornstarch, corn tortillas and high fructose corn syrup.
- Animal products from animals that have eaten GMO feed. That means most meat, eggs and dairy products. Any animal and especially cows injected with rbGH (a GMO hormone to make them produce more milk).
- Dog food and cat food are loaded with GMO foods such as corn. Chicken feed such as lay-mash is a GMO corn product. Other animal feed that contains grain such as corn, soy or oats is contaminated. Our dogs and cats are getting cancer more than ever before along with other diseases that are unexplainable.
- Many food additives, such as flavorings, processing agents, sweeteners such as aspartame (NutraSweet®), gelatin and rennet used to make hard cheeses are GMO. Gelatin is made from the bone marrow of the cow.
- Honey and bee pollen are now becoming GMO. The bees collect the nectar and pollen from GMO crops and take it back to the hive and feed it to their colony. We eat the honey and we get the GMO as well.
- Many non-food items containing GMO ingredients include cosmetics, detergents, shampoos, soaps and children’s bubble bath. These items are absorbed through the largest organ in the human body, the skin.
- Pharmaceutical companies are adding aspartame to some supplements and children’s vitamins. Aspartame is also in gum, sweets, diabetic-friendly foods, drinks, other sugar-free foods and anything labeled light.
It’s all about money and lots of it. Monsanto and other companies hire hundreds of lobbyists who wine and dine government officials, and these companies donate millions of dollars to Presidential and other governmental officials’ campaigns. The corporate lawyers for Monsanto move into government offices and basically give Monsanto a free license to do whatever they want. The most appalling thing of all is that GMOs don’t even have to be labeled in the United States. We are one of the few countries that do not have mandatory labeling.
The ‘Monsanto Protection Act’
The “Monsanto Protection Act” states that it requires the U.S. to approve the harvest and sale of crops from GMO seed even if a court has ruled against the crop as being dangerous to public safety or the environment.
This is unbelievable, outrageous, immoral, unethical and downright disgusting. The people of the United States are the ones going to suffer and die of horrible diseases from these “frankenfoods.”
We Must Boycott GMOs
As I researched information for this article, I came across The American Academy of Environmental Medicine. It recently released its position paper on GMO foods, stating that “GM foods pose a serious health risk” and calling for a boycott on GMO foods. If we have enough people who are informed and up in arms about this whole GMO issue we can make a difference and our voices can be heard.
Emergency Food Storage
As a business owner in the emergency preparedness industry, I have been working with a food storage company I believe in. The food is highly nutritious, with no GMOs, added MSG or trans fats. It’s compact and lightweight, too, making it easy to store. And it will retain its flavor and nutrition for up to 25 years.
The company is offering a special price of $500 for a five-month supply of delicious meals, ready to just add water and cook. That’s four servings per package and $100 per month for a one-person supply, or a 2.5-month supply for two people or a five-week supply for four people. The company has a “try it before you buy it sample pack,” which includes three meals that serve four people per package. The meals are free if you pay only the shipping of $9.95. To order online, go here and click on “Sign Up” or “FREE sample pack.” Please call me at 435-851-0777 if you have any questions or need assistance with this amazing offer.