Illegal Drone War, Cop Killer, The Coming Crash And Terror Tweeters: Friday Morning News Roundup 2-8-2013
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- GOP Senator Bob Corker, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, says President Barack Obama’s drone war may be illegal and it is creating more terrorists than it is killing.
- Cops in Los Angeles are still on edge about Christopher Dorner’s ongoing “war of attrition” against the LAPD.
- States on the northeastern coast of the United States are gearing up for a snowpocalypse.
- Boom, bust. So far, the Federal Reserve has bought up more U.S. government debt than the U.S. Treasury has issued this year.
- Cancer researchers have pinned down a molecule that can kick-start the body’s own tumor-destroying systems without killing healthy tissue.
- Somalia’s branch of al-Qaida, Al-Shabab, is on Twitter. “Our war against the West is a war for the sovereignty and dominance of Allah’s Law above all creation. No to democracy and #Kafir laws!” it tweeted recently.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.
Sam Rolley Staff writer Sam Rolley began a career in journalism working for a small town newspaper while seeking a B.A. in English. After learning about many of the biases present in most modern newsrooms, Rolley became determined to find a position in journalism that would allow him to combat the unsavory image that the news industry has gained. He is dedicated to seeking the truth and exposing the lies disseminated by the mainstream media at the behest of their corporate masters, special interest groups and information gatekeepers.
Join the Discussion:
View Comments to “Illegal Drone War, Cop Killer, The Coming Crash And Terror Tweeters: Friday Morning News Roundup 2-8-2013”
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Is there news related to personal liberty happening in your area? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org