Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- GOP Senator Bob Corker, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, says President Barack Obama’s drone war may be illegal and it is creating more terrorists than it is killing.
- Cops in Los Angeles are still on edge about Christopher Dorner’s ongoing “war of attrition” against the LAPD.
- States on the northeastern coast of the United States are gearing up for a snowpocalypse.
- Boom, bust. So far, the Federal Reserve has bought up more U.S. government debt than the U.S. Treasury has issued this year.
- Cancer researchers have pinned down a molecule that can kick-start the body’s own tumor-destroying systems without killing healthy tissue.
- Somalia’s branch of al-Qaida, Al-Shabab, is on Twitter. “Our war against the West is a war for the sovereignty and dominance of Allah’s Law above all creation. No to democracy and #Kafir laws!” it tweeted recently.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.