Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Identity theft is at an all-time high in the United States; the victims are most often young Americans.
- Meanwhile, banks wrote off $3 billion of student loan debt in the first two months of 2013, up more than 36 percent from the same period a year ago, as many graduates remain jobless, underemployed or cash-strapped.
- A new CBS News poll shows support for stricter gun-control laws overall has dropped since the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
- Jeff Berwick, founder of StockHouse.com and CEO of TDV Media, announced Monday his plans to open the world’s first Bitcoin ATM in Cyprus amid the tiny nation’s bailout insanity.
- Lawmakers in Tennessee freaked out when they thought a newly installed mop sink was a special foot bath installed for Muslims to wash their feet before prayer.
- Senators Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are threatening to filibuster gun-control legislation, according to a letter they plan to hand-deliver to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s office on Tuesday.