I Need More ZZZZZs Please!
The National Institutes of Health estimates that 70 million Americans suffer from sleep problems. Try some of these helpful hints if restless nights are stealing your sweet dreams:
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol in the late afternoon and evening. Caffeine and nicotine can delay your sleep, and alcohol may interrupt your sleep later in the night.
- Exercise regularly—but do so at least three hours before bedtime. A workout closer to bedtime may keep you awake because your body has not had a chance to cool down.
- If you have trouble sleeping at night, skip the daytime naps. Midday snoozing may stop you from resting well at night.
- Make your sleep environment pleasant, comfortable, dark and quiet.
- Establish a regular, relaxing bedtime routine to help you unwind. It can also signal your brain that it’s time to sleep.
- If you can’t go to sleep after 30 minutes, get up and involve yourself in a relaxing activity. Listen to soothing music or read until you feel sleepy.
Bob Livingston founder of Personal Liberty Digest™, is an ultra-conservative American author and editor of The Bob Livingston Letter™, in circulation since 1969. Bob has devoted much of his life to research and the quest for truth on a variety of subjects. Bob specializes in health issues such as nutritional supplements and alternatives to drugs, as well as issues of privacy (both personal and financial), asset protection and the preservation of freedom.
Join the Discussion:
View Comments to “I Need More ZZZZZs Please!”
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Is there news related to personal liberty happening in your area? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org