A report by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) cited several interesting statistics based on census data. Some of these facts may be familiar to long-time readers… but I wanted each of you to know the enormous costs placed on the United States…
Our government continues to claim that the war on terror is bankrupting us. But what about these numbers? You do the math…
- $11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
- Illegal households only pay about one-third the amount of federal taxes that non-illegal households pay.
- Illegal households create a net fiscal deficit at the federal level of more than $10 billion a year. If given amnesty, this number could grow to more than $29 billion.
- $1.9 billion dollars a year is spent on food-assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
- $1.6 billion is spent on the federal prison and court system for illegal aliens.
- $2.5 billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
- About 21 percent of the population of U.S. prisons is classified as “noncitizens” from Mexico, Colombia, Cuba and the Dominican Republic. About 5 percent is listed as “unknown.”
Immigration costs like all “costs" come out of the "TAXPAYOR" hide. These costs represent additional money creation that dilutes all the savings and assets in America.
“The High Cost of Cheap Labor: Illegal Immigration and the Federal Budget.” Steven A. Camarota. Center for Immigration Studies (CIS).
Quick Facts about the Bureau of Prisons. Federal Bureau of Prisons. Updated December 2008.