Purported Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza was, according to a man reported to be his uncle, on the antipsychotic drug Fanapt. The “uncle” turned out to be a fraud, but given that most news reports describe Lanza as being emotionally or mentally disturbed, it’s quite likely he was on some sort of mind-altering drug or drug combination.
Documented side effects of Fanapt are aggression, confusion, delirium, hostility, impulse-control disorder, mania, mood swings, paranoia, panic attack and suicide. Sound familiar?
Gun grabbers have gone almost apoplectic since the shooting, blaming the (misnamed) assault rifle—which was reportedly still in Lanza’s car when police arrived at the school—for the deaths of the children and teacher. Lanza has since been pushed into the memory hole—along with the man in camouflage plucked from the nearby woods and many other anomalies— and the focus has been on the AR15 and its links in other recent mass shootings.
But there is another common denominator in mass shootings: psychotropic drugs. Aurora movie theater shooter James Holmes, Columbine killer Eric Harris, and a host of other mass murdering young killers were on some type of psychotropic drugs when they committed their crimes.
According to a study published in the journal PLoS One and based on the FDA’s Adverse Event Reporting System, the following mind-altering drugs are most frequently linked to violence:
10. Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) is an antidepressant associated with 7.9 times more violence than many other drugs.
9. Venlafaxine (Effexor) is related to Pristiq and is an antidepressant also used in treating those with anxiety disorders. Effexor is 8.3 times more associated with violent behavior than other drugs.
8. Fluvoxamine (Luvox) is an antidepressant that affects serotonin (SSRI), and is 8.4 times more likely to be linked to violence than other medications
7. Triazolam (Halcion) can be addictive and is a benzodiazepine that supposedly treats insomnia. It’s 8.7 times more likely to be associated with violence than other medications.
6. Atomoxetine (Strattera) is often prescribed to tread ADHD and is 9 times more likely to be associated with violence.
5. Mefoquine (Lariam) treats malaria and sometimes products bizarre behavior, and is 9.5 times more likely to be linked to violence.
4. Amphetamines come in many forms and are often used to treat ADHD (even to children not diagnosed with ADHD). They are 9.6 times more likely to be linked to violence.
3. Paroxetine (Paxil) is an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) antidepressant. Many users experience severe withdrawal symptoms and are more likely to produce children with birth defects as well as 10.3 times more likely to be linked to violence than other medications.
2. Fluoxetine (Prozac) is a household name for a powerful SSRI antidepressant linked with 10.9 times more violence than other drugs.
1. Varenicline (Chantix) is administered to smokers to supposedly help curb cigarette cravings, but it’s a whopping 18 times more likely to be linked to violent behavior than other drugs.
Big Pharma is killing everything from babies to adults by the thousands, but no one seems interested in banning these drugs or holding Big Pharma and prescribing physicians accountable. The Food and Drug Administration, which approves these drugs, recognizes that more 100,000 adverse drug reaction (ADR) deaths occur each year. ADRs is the fourth leading cause of death, ahead of pulmonary disease, diabetes, AIDS, pneumonia, accidents and automobile deaths.
Drug companies bribe doctors to prescribe their medications and use fake studies to sell their efficacy. The drug company GlaxoSmithKline was recently fined a mere $93,000 in Argentina for killing 14 babies during illegal lab vaccine trials in which the company falsified parental authorizations so that the babies could participate without legitimate parental permission. According to one pediatrician working at the public hospital when GSK began recruiting babies for their illegal human trials, not only did GSK force illiterate parents into handing over their children, but they also “recruited” several doctors working at the hospital into their cause. The actual number of children affected may run in the thousands.
According to a study published in Human and Experimental Toxicology, the more vaccinated a baby is the more likely he is to die or suffer serious reaction.
Yet lawful gun owners are becoming the scapegoat for the mess Big Pharma is creating and more draconian, liberty stealing laws will likely result from the shooting.