Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- The Federal government has blocked a Texas-based company from distributing details online of how to make a plastic gun using a 3-D printer. The move jeopardizes not only the 2nd Amendment, but also Internet freedom.
- A watchdog who tracks the billions of taxpayer dollars spent to rebuild Afghanistan says government officials have tried to silence him because he has uncovered multiple examples of fraud and abuse.
- Chris Christie wants you to know: He’s “a damn good Republican.”
- The White House Political Director during the Bill Clinton years says the Democratic Party is teetering on the edge of decline. Citing the strength of Republican gains at the State level, such as governorships and legislative seats, longtime Democratic strategist Doug Sosnik warns party members their dominance once President Barack Obama leaves office is “at considerable risk.”
- The Minnesota House of Representatives has passed a bill to recognize gay marriage in the Land of 1,000 Lakes. The bill passed 75-59 Thursday, and it will now head to the Senate and then to Governor Mark Dayton. Both the Senate and the Governor are expected to approve the bill.
*Staff writer Ben Bullard contributed to this story.