We live in a very unpredictable world. There are so many wars. And there is so much hatred (especially among religions), so much violence, so much rage, so much fear of the government, so much fear of the future, so much fear of losing our money and materialistic possessions, and so much fear of losing our loved ones. How do we make it through tough times? What is it going to take to make mankind realize that we are destroying our planet and the very societies that live on it?
How do we find peace within ourselves and stop animosity between races, religions, cultures and relationships? How do we live in a troubled world and make it a better place? If we revert to living like our forefathers, who lived off the land and promoted peace, we could do our little part in reversing the negative energy and make this world a more peaceful place. If this thought went viral and billions of people read it and caught the vision there would be a new harmony that could save mankind and the planet.
It sounds too good to be true; but if we start now to do our part, then future generations can live in peace.
Taking back our power means taking total responsibility for our own lives. We must never allow ourselves to become victims and blame someone else because something happened to us. We must all be self-reliant, self-sufficient and responsible for ourselves first. We cannot control what others do — only what we do.
Do not make the mistake of thinking the government, the church, your neighbors or family will save you in a crisis. I like to live by the motto “if it is to be, it is up to me.”
How is this done? It starts within every human being. We have no control over anyone other than ourselves. We must be balanced emotionally so we can handle life’s challenges and disasters. If we are balanced within our own selves, we can help others who are in need.
Disasters Happen To Good People
Fear of the future based on the past is what holds us back from moving forward.
Emotional trauma can be caused by any number of events in our lives. It’s not the event that gets the best of us, but how we handle it after it happens that matters.
- What would you do if a tornado ripped your house apart, and all that was left was a pile of rubble?
- What if you lose a family member to death?
- How would you face divorce or a breakup of a relationship?
- How would you face an economic crash, not knowing where your next meal is coming from or how you will pay your bills?
- What if the government went bankrupt and no one got their Medicaid, Social Security checks or welfare?
- What if you had an emergency medical condition that leaves you thousands of dollars in debt and unable to work?
- What if you or your spouse loses your job or one of your children loses his job and moves home with his spouse and children?
- What if a fire burns up all our worldly possessions?
- What if someone harms one of our family members?
- What if your bank closes its doors and you can’t get out your money?
- What if your retirement money gets lost in a stock market crash?
- What if? What if?
- Can we find it within ourselves to start over?
There are so many unforeseen disasters. Many people I talk to every day are in fear. At least one or more of these things probably will happen to each of us at some point in our lives. I know the government is doing many things that are harming the people. I know there are evil people conspiring to do harm at all costs. We may fall victims to these evil designs, but we will not remain victims.
We can face the future better because of the emotional trauma we have already been through in our lives. We need to know how to handle situations like this. So what do we do when faced with these overwhelming emotions we have inside of us? I am going to give you some simple techniques or processes that will help balance your emotional state in a crisis situation.
Techniques To De-Stress
I am a licensed massage therapist and hypnotherapist, and I have learned many different processes that can calm someone down if they are in stress. Fear is the No. 1 cause of stress in any situation. I believe that if we practice skills of peace and calming that we can face any situation that may occur in our lives.
Take A Deep Breath
Take a deep breath into the lungs and release it. Continue it again and again until you feel the pressure-relief valve letting off steam and releasing the stress. I like to do it lying down in a comfortable position. With every breath I take in, I visualize the pressure of the negative feeling; and as I release the breath, I visualize the stress releasing. Doing this for five minutes straight will bring a peaceful, calming feeling to our souls that will help in a time of crises. It also helps children to calm down when something unpleasant has happened to them. It is a simple form of self-hypnosis. This skill is invaluable in a crises situation because remaining calm is very important. If we can keep our wits about us when others are suffering, we can help others instead of looking for someone to help us.
Tapping To Relieve Stress
There is a tapping technique called EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). Try this stress-relief technique for any issue that comes up. Use the breathing technique while tapping and repeating the affirmations three times on each part of the body stated.
- First state the negative feeling or belief. Write it on a piece of paper, then turn the negative feeling into a positive thought and write it down also. For example: “I am stressed out” turns into “I am calm and peaceful.
- Repeat the words “I am calm and peaceful” three times, tapping with your middle three fingers above each eyebrow. Use your right hand above the right eyebrow and your left hand above the left eyebrow. Continue tapping as you repeat the phrase “I am calm and peaceful.” Move to the side of the eye and repeat the process.
- Move to the bone just under your eye socket and tap again repeating the same message three times.
- Move to the bone under the nose and above the upper lip. Then to the chin bone, tapping under the lower lip. Use both hands as you tap.
- Move to just below the collarbones on the chest and tap on both sides. Continuing to repeat “I am calm and peaceful.”
- Tap under both armpits and repeat again.
- Tap on the inside of each hand, on the side of the palm and below the little finger. By the time you are finished with tapping each position, the message you are repeating will be imprinted in your subconscious mind. You will be amazed at how the stress releases out of the body.
If you are interested in any of the books I have written on food storage, self-sufficiency and survival, or if you are interested in ION (stabilized oxygen water treatment), check out my website.
If you are interested in receiving three free sample meals from GoFoods Global to test out the quality of these simply delicious emergency food storage meals that serve four people and require only water and 15 minutes of cooking time, click here.