Economic Reports Due This Week
February 24, 2014 by UPI - United Press International, Inc.
NEW YORK, Feb. 24 (UPI) — Economic reports for the week culminate in Friday’s second estimate of the U.S. gross domestic product, which was pegged in the first estimate at 3.2 percent.
The reports calendar includes:
– Monday: The consumer price index for the eurozone; a Markit Economics purchasing managers index for service-oriented firms in February; a regional manufacturing report from the Dallas Federal Reserve.
– Tuesday: The Conference Board releases a leading indicators report for China; the European Commission’s economic forecasts are due; monthly U.S. home prices are expected with release of the S&P/Case-Shiller 10-city and 20-city pricing indexes.
– Wednesday: The Office of National Statistics in Britain is scheduled to release a gross domestic product estimate for the fourth quarter; a report on new home sales in the United States is expected from the Census Bureau.
– Thursday: U.S. weekly unemployment benefit claims are announced; the European Commission releases business confidence data; the U.S. Commerce Department’s report on January’s durable goods data is expected.
– Friday: Eurostat’s consumer price index and employment situation reports are due; a pending home sales report is expected from the National Association of Realtors; the second official estimate of the U.S. gross domestic product in the fourth quarter, together with consumer spending information, will be released.