Don’t Drink Bathtub Gin, France Ponders John Galt, Hot Lead Ban In Cali, Fat Lesbians Cost Taxpayers $1.5 Million And Rand Paul For President: Tuesday Morning News Roundup 3-12-2013
March 12, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Liberty-Infinity: Prohibition-0. At least 51 people in Tripoli, Libya, are dead after drinking black market bathtub gin because alcohol is illegal in the country.
- Who Is John Galt? People in France who make money are still leaving in droves due to the country’s socialist stealing.
- Environmentalists in California are pushing legislation to ban lead ammunition to prevent toxins from poisoning scavengers that eat animal remains left by hunters. Meanwhile, birds in the State continue to meet their maker in the name of wind energy.
- You probably have never even thought about it, but for the Feds it’s a question worth $1.5 million. The National Institutes of Health will spend that amount to find out why “three-quarters” of lesbians are obese and why gay males are not. NIH says it is an issue of “high public-health significance.”
- The White House is closed to the public, supposedly because of sequester. Meanwhile, dozens of Administration staffers are raking in six-figure salaries. For example, the combined salaries of energy “assistants” President Barack Obama keeps on staff total $370,000.
- Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is leading an online poll being conducted by Contract From America as the most viable conservative pick for President in 2016.