Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- An organization is now offering food stamps for pets.
- Researchers from Johns Hopkins University’s Applied Physics Laboratory are preparing a decade-long, $350 million project to propel a rocket into an asteroid as it passes close to Earth. If successful, it would be the first time an asteroid is knocked off course by human intervention.
- Remember when President Barack Obama kept saying the rich ought to pay their fair share? Well, because he and Congress allowed the payroll tax to increase, the poorest Americans are going to feel the most pain in coming months.
- Former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Sunday that he was told not to “acknowledge” or “discuss” the secret drone program when he was Obama’s press secretary.
- The National Rifle Association has obtained a Department of Justice memo calling for national gun registration and confiscation. The pro-gun organization is now using the memo in a series of ads.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.