Dog Eats Master’s Masters Tickets
April 4, 2012 by UPI - United Press International, Inc.
SEATTLE, (UPI) — A Seattle man whose tickets to the Masters golf tournament were eaten by his dog said officials agreed to exchange the regurgitated scraps for new tickets.
Russ Berkman said he had four passes to Wednesday’s practice round of the Masters and he was dismayed to arrive home recently to find paper scraps on the floor and the tickets missing, Seattlepi.com reported Wednesday.
Berkman told Sports Radio KJR, Seattle, he soon determined the tickets had been eaten by his Swiss mountain dog, Sierra. He said his girlfriend recommended he induce the canine to vomit and he did so safely by giving her hydrogen peroxide.
“Quite frankly, she didn’t really have much else in her stomach but that, so it worked out,” Berkman said. “I grabbed a spatula, put (the vomit) into a Ziploc baggie and brought it inside on my kitchen counter, and started, I guess, either a ‘CSI’ or surgical-type process to figure out what was going to be salvageable, if anything.”
Berkman said he was able to mostly piece together the tickets and Masters officials agreed to reprint the tickets.